Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UP! A Great Bird Adventure

So they seem to be working around the fact that Up is mostly based in South America by creating an original role of a Female caretaker who lives in the Anandapur village. She will be the story teller for the show.

I suspect they will try to work in culture into the show, almost as if they are teaching not only the audience, but Dug and Russel as well (this is a stop on their explorations for them or something)

gnikLqQ.png

For some reason, I really don't mind IPs in Disney attractions. Even at Epcot, if it fits. <shrug>
I don't mind IPs. I just don't like IPs where they aren't necessary or they are basically forced just to get the IP into the park (looking at you, Frozen). I think this is a fine fit, but did it need to happen? No. The show has been running fine as is for 20 years without an IP attached.

Anyway, expect this to be reopened by DAK's 20th anniversary at the latest. I'd almost be surprised if it isn't open for Spring Break/Easter crowds.

I don't mind IPs. I just don't like IPs where they aren't necessary or they are basically forced just to get the IP into the park (looking at you, Frozen). I think this is a fine fit, but did it need to happen? No. The show has been running fine as is for 20 years without an IP attached.

Anyway, expect this to be reopened by DAK's 20th anniversary at the latest. I'd almost be surprised if it isn't open for Spring Break/Easter crowds.
I'm pretty certain that the only reason this is happening is because of the 20th anniversary. They don't want to lose any of the momentum they got from Avatar, which is a real danger now that DHS will be returning to a somewhat acceptable park.

I do think Up is a Ratatouille-type IP, in that it fits remarkably well for the chosen park, but it's all going to depend upon the execution.

I'm pretty certain that the only reason this is happening is because of the 20th anniversary. They don't want to lose any of the momentum they got from Avatar, which is a real danger now that DHS will be returning to a somewhat acceptable park.

I do think Up is a Ratatouille-type IP, in that it fits remarkably well for the chosen park, but it's all going to depend upon the execution.
I always pictured Up as a rapids ride at DHS (since the park doesn't have a water ride and it would be a good fir in the park). It would've been in an expanded animation section of the park that would've also included a Tangled boat ride among other rides.

At least in my arm-chair imagineering it would've been :lol:

I always pictured Up as a rapids ride at DHS (since the park doesn't have a water ride and it would be a good fir in the park). It would've been in an expanded animation section of the park that would've also included a Tangled boat ride among other rides.

I guess I'm just a little too enchanted by the Wilderness Explorers stations to see Up elsewhere. I'm right there with ya on Tangled, though.

Kali needs a solid rethink.

Tangled should go in Fantasyland.

There is still a lot coming to DHS, they just aren't sure what yet. LOTS of pitches floating around. Pretty sure both ToT and RnR will be rethemed. Animation Courtyard removed. And the whole Echo Lake area rethemed.

They still rant to get rid of the TZ IP.

I personally would be fine if they went the route that TDS has for their Tower. The ride doesn't inherently need TZ, tbh. I just fear what they'll do to it. I could easily see them pulling some funny business and plopping a Doctor Strange overlay on it.

When I first heard this I wanted pandas. Animal kingdom needs Pandas and with the relationship with China should be able to secure them. Up totally belongs in Animal Kingdom and needed more exposure, I would love a ride.

Almost week old news at this point, but the name of the show is going to be "Adventurers Meet UP! A Great Bird Adventure". Absolutely dreadful name and the double use of the word "Adventure/Adventurers" makes the title sound not only very long, but repetitive.

Whoever is coming up with the names of things for Disney is trying way too hard.

Almost week old news at this point, but the name of the show is going to be "Adventurers Meet UP! A Great Bird Adventure". Absolutely dreadful name and the double use of the word "Adventure/Adventurers" makes the title sound not only very long, but repetitive.

Whoever is coming up with the names of things for Disney is trying way too hard.
But it's a Meetup, and has the word UP in it. That's the movie title. Get it? GET IT!!??

The goal is to get it open in time for the park's birthday (Earth Day) April 22nd. It should be open prior to that date, but by the 22nd at the latest.

You would really think that the last two weeks of March with be the goal at least for soft opening considering the crowds at that time. They need Avatar relief.

You would really think that the last two weeks of March with be the goal at least for soft opening considering the crowds at that time. They need Avatar relief.
This show is not going to provide a ton of Avatar relief. I haven't been in the theater in a bit, but it seems like it has always felt like it has a pretty low per show capacity compared to some other Disney shows.

This show is not going to provide a ton of Avatar relief. I haven't been in the theater in a bit, but it seems like it has always felt like it has a pretty low per show capacity compared to some other Disney shows.

Just to pick a few folks off, anything helps. I got my FOP fast passes for 5:40 anyways. My wife liked the show last time, anything to keep her entertained while we ride Everest.:)