USF Project? | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that they just decided it's time to change things up. Every year they have controversies over the Bill & Ted show and they probably are tired of dealing with it and the licensing agreement is probably up so they decided not to renew.

And to further add to the point, I would imagine what they could actually do; is that they can do seasonal shows in that theater. I would imagine the set of FFL/WWW gets taken down in the process of things, but that theater would allow the possibility of a new halloween show to be made for that time of the year, or to relocate How The Grinch Stole Christmas to FFL, and having expanded seating there. There are plenty of opportunities that they could do with a possible seasonal venue for USF, especially as USF is used for HPC, HHN, Mardi Gras, Holidays at Universal, Rock The Universe, and so much more.

Reactions: graspthesun
I would guess that they just decided it's time to change things up. Every year they have controversies over the Bill & Ted show and they probably are tired of dealing with it and the licensing agreement is probably up so they decided not to renew.
It's sort of odd to me why there's so many controversies over B&T because NBCUniversal is the same company that airs Saturday Night Live, which is aired to a far wider audience.

Reactions: Joel
It's sort of odd to me why there's so many controversies over B&T because NBCUniversal is the same company that airs Saturday Night Live, which is aired to a far wider audience.

Because SNL is an institution. It can absorb controversy. Meanwhile, when "THEME PARK SHOW FEATURES (INSERT POLITICALLY INCORRECT SKIT HERE)" gets plastered on every internet news sign, you've got issues.

I still don't buy that there won't be a replacement for FFL. Uni isn't going all-out in USF just to leave a perennial empty theater around.

Because SNL is an institution. It can absorb controversy. Meanwhile, when "THEME PARK SHOW FEATURES (INSERT POLITICALLY INCORRECT SKIT HERE)" gets plastered on every internet news sign, you've got issues.

I still don't buy that there won't be a replacement for FFL. Uni isn't going all-out in USF just to leave a perennial empty theater around.
My guess at this point? Ministry of Magic going in at Fear Factor between now and 2020. MiB goes down immediately after and is grouped in with/expansion for Nintendo, creating a "back door" around Springfield.

Reactions: JungleSkip
My guess at this point? Ministry of Magic going in at Fear Factor between now and 2020. MiB goes down immediately after and is grouped in with/expansion for Nintendo, creating a "back door" around Springfield.

I could see that.

IMO, this is how the next few years go:

2018 - F&F, Volcano Bay expansion
2019 - Potter thrill ride, T2 Replacement...Shrek replacement(?)
2020 - Shrek replacement, Nintendo, MoM(?)'
2021 - MoM, Something else for IoA

This gives the existing parks a good, solid base. It'd be the perfect time after 2021 to really work on Site B, while giving USF/IOA some small upgrades while that's being built.

I could see that.

IMO, this is how the next few years go:

2018 - F&F, Volcano Bay expansion
2019 - Potter thrill ride, T2 Replacement...Shrek replacement(?)
2020 - Shrek replacement, Nintendo, MoM(?)'
2021 - MoM, Something else for IoA

This gives the existing parks a good, solid base. It'd be the perfect time after 2021 to really work on Site B, while giving USF/IOA some small upgrades while that's being built.
Sounds like a good timeline to me...Site B should be interesting, not sure what direction they are going to take it

I'd hope that Site B construction begins before 2021. That would probably mean that Site B would open in 2024/2025 (guess). That seems really late.

That's interesting. I haven't been paying too much attention, but it seemed like 2021/2022 was the plan at one point.

That's all I've heard... but I wouldn't hold my breath. They have to get this lawsuit out of the way, get the go-ahead from the city, start land prep, and build it. I just don't see the manpower being there before 2021

So illuminations just hired a 3D animator in charge of helping design AAs....that may highlight SLOP and SING for attractions coming up

Illumination Entertainment - 3D Animator - Contract
tumblr_lr6wt9G4Ua1qknbv6.gif

Reactions: Mike S
Well, it turns out that some of you people are really really smart. M of M is coming right to the location you've been thinking. From what was vaguely said to me, it sounds like stuff will begin in the next 3 to 6 months.

You are also correct that over at IOA, the theme will in fact be the FF.

Whole bunches of things happening!

Well, it turns out that some of you people are really really smart. M of M is coming right to the location you've been thinking. From what was vaguely said to me, it sounds like stuff will begin in the next 3 to 6 months.

You are also correct that over at IOA, the theme will in fact be the FF.

Whole bunches of things happening!
Those were pretty much natural guesses, unlike this new T2 replacement haha

Thanks for confirming them for sure though!

Status
Not open for further replies.