Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USF Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just guessing, but I don't think they'd do two Potter expansions in such close proximity time wise, plus the major Nintendo build. If Fear Factor is going now, I wouldn't think it was for Potter.
Could you fathom getting both at the same time? Mind... blown.

If they get rid of Feat Factor and don't build more Potter they should be sued for theme park malpractice. It's the only other Potter expansion plot they have. They'd be foolish to use it for anything else.

Disney is opening up a STAR WARS land. Uni should open 2 new Potter rides to combat it, no question
Or- they are waiting to combat Star Wars inevitable expansion in the next 3-5 years with the Ministry expansion. It wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Either way, it sounds like they're keeping MM and a future Hogsmeade expansion in their back pocket.
I'd prefer them fully finish out Hogsmeade using the entire DC plot, but from a company standpoint- MM + the DC partial replacement would be a more fiscally sound decision.

Could you fathom getting both at the same time? Mind... blown.

Or- they are waiting to combat Star Wars inevitable expansion in the next 3-5 years with the Ministry expansion. It wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Either way, it sounds like they're keeping MM and a future Hogsmeade expansion in their back pocket.
I'd prefer them fully finish out Hogsmeade using the entire DC plot, but from a company standpoint- MM + the DC partial replacement would be a more fiscally sound decision.
I would love to see HP expansions in IOA & the Studios simultaneously. I could see it happening if Nintendo wasn't coming down so soon too. I think that's just a wee bit too much major stuff, along with Wet & Wild etc. for Universal to handle at one time. But, yes, it would blow my mind too and I hope my guess is wrong. :):thumbsup:

As I said on the previous thread, I'm guessing Fear Factor. One of our more prominent posters, Quint, insinuated recently that Fear Factor would be gone fairly soon. This would be a good choice, especially since I would imagine the Ministry of Magic concept for that plot is probably now dead since the new Potter expansion will replace the DC 8 acre area.

I remember Fear Factor has been discussed countless times as the next attraction to go for years. I'm surprised it's still around today. I don't hate it as much as before, mainly because 1) I haven't seen it in quite some time (for very good reasons) and 2) I always seem to forget nowadays that it's still in the park. But I still really despise it and still have this as my least favorite attraction at Universal by far. I would love for there to be a quality show in that space.

I remember Fear Factor has been discussed countless times as the next attraction to go for years. I'm surprised it's still around today. I don't hate it as much as before, mainly because 1) I haven't seen it in quite some time (for very good reasons) and 2) I always seem to forget nowadays that it's still in the park. But I still really despise it and still have this as my least favorite attraction at Universal by far. I would love for there to be a quality show in that space.
My exact feelings. We went to it once and Alene said never again. A total waste of space and time.

Universal kinda has the stupid idea that they can't replace/add shows for some reason. There's no reason why a new show couldn't have replaced fear factor. There's no reason a new show can't go into Toon Lagoon. UO's modern day shows that they try to put out (Superstar, Cinespec) suck a$$.

If they get rid of Feat Factor and don't build more Potter they should be sued for theme park malpractice. It's the only other Potter expansion plot they have. They'd be foolish to use it for anything else.

Disney is opening up a STAR WARS land. Uni should open 2 new Potter rides to combat it, no question

Absolutely agree with both.

But, here's the problem that's been bothering me:

We've what- another 5000+ rooms coming on-line in the near future? Need people eaters and shows are people eaters
UOR's finally getting into the Xmas game with the Castle show and parade expansion
They really are great at the Holiday thing (HHN) and need to keep space for that at a minimum- not to mention....
England/Potter theme great for Xmas and shows overall - everything on the DA stage is awesome IMHO
The DreamWorks purchase - goldmine of Xmas IP

Can every expansion and every expansion pad be ride based, knowing the above? I mean, those 5000+ rooms will be here long before the 4th gate. Those rooms are going to increase the HHN input and demand, those rooms are going to need holiday attractions outside of HHN, those rooms are going to need people eaters that don't do rides... you would think, I think (if that makes sense)​

Yeah, like a couple others have said, If Uni is really wanting to make a dent in the Star Wars hysteria that is guaranteed to happen, just about doubling their Potter area would be one way to do it. I'm about guaranteed to make a Disney trip after Star wars opens for about 10 days with 2-3 slotted for Uni. If they do two Potter expansions, it would really make me consider shifting more days to Uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.