Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Price Increase!

The No-Blackout pass got a $10 bump as well.

With all the current and future construction happening in and around the park,  maybe this is Universals way of controlling crowds.

If the rumors are true, and Springfield starts construction, the upper lot is going to be an even bigger maze of construction walls. So limiting the amount of people with a unrestricted APs is probably in Universals best interest.

Same goes for the Premium pass, the only AP with parking privileges. Universal is going to be closing the ET lot soon to begin construction on a parking structure. That's a large amount of parking spaces that will be unavailable for use.

And you can be assured there will be another price increase before Minion Mayhem opens.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the current and future construction happening in and around the park,  maybe this is Universals way of controlling crowds.
However, I think they know when the future project is projected to open.  I believe we will see a removal of BDGY pass one year prior to Potter's opening to help surge the higher price tickets upon opening.

If the rumors are true, and Springfield starts construction, the upper lot is going to be an even bigger maze of construction walls. So limiting the amount of people with a unrestricted APs is probably in Universals best interest.
I don't think raising Annual Pass prices has an effect for at least one full year from the old price.  Don't you?  Today's hike will adjust crowd effect over the next 365 days.

And you can be assured there will be another price increase before Minion Mayhem opens.
Ugh.  I understand this, but not happy about it.

My pass expires on the 31st and I can't NOT renew.

Time to shell out $179 I guess...lol
My pass expires on 1/07 and I am looking at possibly holding for the additional month just to push me into February.  I entered the CAP Center outside the park and they offer $10 off for renewal within one month before or after the pass expires.  That at least does get us down to $179.  I have always found it difficult to receive a discount with the online site.

Chris, if your AP is registered to your email, you should get a notification from USH to renew, and they include a renewal link that you click on and the list of APs they have available all reflect the $10 or so off. That's what I've always done.

Although USH does have issues with email communication.

Yeah, they did that in unison with the annual pass increases. I wonder how high it'll go once Wizarding World opens. 400+?

They also added at least 20 more black out dates for the Buy A Day get 2014 free. just saw that the 18-28 of july is blacked out

While I'm never happy about the annual price increases, I understand that it's part of the business, especially if people like me keep renewing--i.e. keeping demand high. I do wish that Universal would offer a larger discount for AP renewals. The Orlando parks offers a significant discount for renewals. I just renewed my Universal Orlando AP (Preferred Pass) for exactly the same price as I renewed my USH Premium Star Pass back in November.

For the same $159 I paid to renew my Premium Star Pass at USH; over in Florida, I can get into two theme parks, not just one. And here's my point about discount for renewals. The current gate price for a new, non-FL resident Preferred Pass is $279. Since I renewed for $159, my discount was $120! If I were a FL resident, the gate price is $244, so the discount would be $85.

As far as I know, there is no discount at all for renewing your pass here at USH. Last year, I did receive a promotional offer to get an extra month tacked onto my Annual Pass if I renewed, and I did appreciate it. But there was no discount beyond the usual online purchase discount that anyone can get. The Buy-A-Day/Get-A-Day is probably priced low enough to not offer a discount, but it would be cool if USH offered renewal discounts to their loyal customers at the higher levels.

Its a catch 22 with the annual pass renewal.  USH offers a $10 discount if you renew the pass at the Annual Pass Processing Center within 30 days prior or post the expiration date of your pass.  If you renew online, you get a $20 discount.

However...

If you buy an annual pass online and you are NOT renewing... they still offer $20 off the Premium Star and No Black Out Date Pass!!!   WHAT!?!?!?  You mean I am not saving any money for being a top level passholder and actually paying more for my pass if I renew at the park?

Someone needs to make this known...

Its a catch 22 with the annual pass renewal.  USH offers a $10 discount if you renew the pass at the Annual Pass Processing Center within 30 days prior or post the expiration date of your pass.  If you renew online, you get a $20 discount.

However...

If you buy an annual pass online and you are NOT renewing... they still offer $20 off the Premium Star and No Black Out Date Pass!!!   WHAT!?!?!?  You mean I am not saving any money for being a top level passholder and actually paying more for my pass if I renew at the park?

Someone needs to make this known...
yeah I keep renewing my Premium Star with the hope that when the Potter price hike comes I can get some discount... fingers crossed

Annual Pass survey happening in the park today!  Get over there and take the survey!!!  It was very detailed for Annual Pass Holders.
I need to take that survey, crap... how long do you think it will last?

WDW has increased prices.  Magic Kingdom is now $99 and the other parks are $94.  We can all expect Disneyland to follow soon and therefore USH will see an increase.  Ugh.

I think I actually got to take the survey. Don't have time to post on it now, but I can post on the details later if you want.
Yes, please share!