USH Price Increase! | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

USH Price Increase!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't even get me started on WDW. Such a lack of respect for the customer's dollar. It is a business, but at least DL has the veil of nostalgia and a management team that actually cares about the state of the parks.

I have lost a lot of interest in visiting WDW. I really want to visit and I know I'll probably enjoy my time there as a Disney fan, but considering the high concentration of attractions and entertainment in our two parks and the great upkeep here at the Disneyland Resort, I don't find myself wishing to visit WDW as much anymore. I think the DLR is worth all the money! Maybe I'll still enjoy it.

I REALLY want to visit UOR very bad though!

I've been planning an Orlando trip constantly for the past two years, to the point where every month I try to see if a trip will bankrupt me. Unfortunately plane tickets are the killer, but anyways, even with new Fantasyland I am wary to visit MK, and even Animal Kingdom. Really after visiting the Universal parks, my goal is to just visit Epcot because I mean, c'mon, it's Epcot! With everything about the magic band and the poor upkeep of the parks, there's very little unique qualities that make me want to visit much anymore. I think I might want to do DHS if only that I want to seek how much of the incredible detail Imagineers put into it is left, but I'm not sure if that's worth 100 bucks.

Yet for some strange reason I have no problem plunking down 200 to 300 plus for a Disneyland AP for the past five years, and that usually includes the parking. Maybe it's just that it feels like home, and that there's very little of that sort of corporate feeling that embodies WDW's vastness, plus the place still looks and feels great. Everytime I see a picture of WDW it feels like it's seen better days.

Christ. For such a small ride count can they really justify that price increase? Me personally I wouldn't even consider going if not for Jurassic Park: The Ride. At least Disneyland has a lot of rides to justify the cost.

I don't think a price hike this high is justified for USH at this time. They're getting too cocky. Obviously an annual pass is light years cheaper than at Disney, but for a one day ticket, that's ridiculous to be on par with Disneyland and California Adventure.

Reactions: Freak
I get that it makes sense given the recent crowds, but that's quite the substantial jump in my opinion.

To have the same gate price as Disneyland takes a lot of gall.

It's a move that should've been done in two years, not now. But USH's justification is that people are going to pay the price as long as it's on par with Disney due to the influx of attractions coming in, plus the killer "Buy a Day, Get a Year Free" deal that you can't argue with. The real test is when they drop that aspect in a couple years.

Remember that I said some months ago that USH would hit 100 dlls with Potter and some called me crazy? Well now I think 100 dlls was an understatement,,,,