USH Price Increase! | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

USH Price Increase!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's what the E-Mail looks like:

109-CARESemailoffer.jpg

If anyone has a Universal annual pass from Costco and wants to upgrade to the CA resident annual pass (one received through email), you can. They did it for us and there was no charge. 

If anyone has a Universal annual pass from Costco and wants to upgrade to the CA resident annual pass (one received through email), you can. They did it for us and there was no charge. 

How did you contact them to have this done? Email? Phone?

I called them asking if I could and they gave me a reference number to take to guest relations to do the upgrade.

I just called to do it for another pass, they said we can just go in the park to do it. A reference number isn't needed. 

Reactions: javierm27
Does anyone know how the attendance was this weekend? It really seems that USH has a big problem in its hands. If it wasn't bursting in the seams this weekend then we can say that they are in trouble. I was planning on going this summer but considering all the changes in the AP i will wait until I get a good deal. Maybe the Premium Star pass makes a comeback.

It's a bit lame to quote myself but apparently they are in deep trouble. I got the email for the 109 dlls pass too... I still think the Gold Pass is overpriced because the Platinum Pass was half that price I believe. Can anyone confirm the price of it? I can't find it on my records for when I bought it. Should I wait till August to get an even better deal? Just before labor day? After labor day?

I wonder if they will do the same next month,  when they announce a new CA Resident Annual Pass Plus.  

Let's hope

I called them asking if I could and they gave me a reference number to take to guest relations to do the upgrade.

I just called to do it for another pass, they said we can just go in the park to do it. A reference number isn't needed. 

What a relief. They finally owned up to their mistake and realized that AP members are the life of USH. Will wait until I can get a better deal though. Maybe after labor day we can get something resembling a good deal. Gold Pass is looking good but still has blackout days and is expensive. Considering that the top tier pass is almost 100 dlls more expensive than Orlando's I'd say the price needs to go down

Reactions: chris.g
My old Platinum Pass expires on Sunday, so I was wondering if there was any word about a possible new pass in August or September as well.  Though I go often enough that their current Platinum Pass would actually not be a bad deal for me.

I have noticed they are advertising the heck out of Season Passes on the radio, at least.  And in the commercials keep mentioning that Walking Dead is a "year round, daytime experience".  I think the use of the word "daytime" is interesting, and possibly implies that the GP thought it was just a nighttime haunt?  It was just a strange choice in wording.

My old Platinum Pass expires on Sunday, so I was wondering if there was any word about a possible new pass in August or September as well.  Though I go often enough that their current Platinum Pass would actually not be a bad deal for me.

I have noticed they are advertising the heck out of Season Passes on the radio, at least.  And in the commercials keep mentioning that Walking Dead is a "year round, daytime experience".  I think the use of the word "daytime" is interesting, and possibly implies that the GP thought it was just a nighttime haunt?  It was just a strange choice in wording.

Trying to figure out when they will introduce another pass or upgrades to the current passes is extremely hard. With that being said, anything with this park is possible. I realize that's kind of a non answer, but...I think you understand why. :D

I wonder if the park would let us upgrade from the old CA Pass to the new CA Pass also.

I emailed to ask about this, and just got a reply saying they can do it for me at guest services.

Anyone have the link to the new CA pass blackout calendar? It'd be helpful for me to figure out when to actually go back to have this done. 

Question - Can I update my Costco CA Resident + pass to the newer CA resident pass that came out with cheaper dates at the park, or do I have to go to Costco for that? 

Question - Can I update my Costco CA Resident + pass to the newer CA resident pass that came out with cheaper dates at the park, or do I have to go to Costco for that? 

Once a Costco pass is used, you can't return it, which would be the only option at Costco.  They do not handle any kind of updates at their stores.  You may want to call Universal to see if they will make any updates with that pass.  If you do, let us know what they tell you. 

I got that email as well. All these bonus days where our blackout dates don't apply really make Universal seem desperate for guests to come to the park haha.

Once a Costco pass is used, you can't return it, which would be the only option at Costco.  They do not handle any kind of updates at their stores.  You may want to call Universal to see if they will make any updates with that pass.  If you do, let us know what they tell you. 

I'll go to will call eventually as Jonathan mentioned in a recent podcast that mentioning the pass updates that were cheaper with less blackout dates could work something out for you. I'll let you guys know what happens. 

Got an email about three bonus days for August.

APEventHome.aspx

How cool! I wonder if l will get it too because i already got the bonus day one last month for walking dead. I actually RSVP'd the first time and couldn't make it but two weeks later got another email that invited me for additional bonus days since i didn't show up for my bonus day there first time.I think they are definitely trying to get more AP members in the park....

Either way it's awesome since my pass has all weekends blocked out!

I put that it's three bonus days, but it's actually five bonus days.  I just registered and realized my mistake.  

August 7th, August 10th, August 11, August 12 and August 14