Vamp ’69: Summer of Blood (HHN 32) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Vamp ’69: Summer of Blood (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
“Vamp ‘75: Stayin’ Alive” is a little one note and probably visually a bit too similar to ‘69. But if you’re going to do a house, a roller disco is the vampire house way to go.

“(Kill Like It’s) Vamp ‘99” has a ton of song possibilities: punk, grunge, ska, boy bands/pop, rap… probably the most musically varied year possibility. The challenge is the setting. The best option is a New Year’s Eve celebration on the eve of Y2K… but they already did a New Year’s Eve celebration.

Thinking on it… I think “Vamp 2K” gives more potential than Vamp ‘99 would. You still get a lot of the same music possibilities (maybe a touch less Grunge as that was starting to wear out in the late 90s), but your story is that Y2K actually happened and the Vamps are taking advantage of it.

“Vamp ‘75: Stayin’ Alive” is a little one note and probably visually a bit too similar to ‘69. But if you’re going to do a house, a roller disco is the vampire house way to go.
I have always been partial to "Vamp '75: Blood Rush" where the vamps from '55 have realized they need to move on from the small town because people are starting to get suspicious these teens aren't aging and it is hurting their feeding prospects. Collectively they decide to head to the State College, where a new crop of victims shows up every year, and by the time the seniors cycle out, they've got a whole new class of Freshies. Think Animal House meets Hive, the vamps have taken control over a sorority over the decades and use their big parties as feeding opportunities, draining victims just enough to bottle and keep them satiated until the next one (added benefits of draining victims while they are buzzed is the blood is slightly alcoholic too). Lots of fun opportunities for a "panty raid" scene where they have set up a human snare trap with bras, a textbook lending library where they also keep trophies, and a killer party soundtrack.

Plus, TOGA, TOGA, TOG-AHHHHHHHHH!

90’s: I want ska vamps! I want to skank with some vampires with suspenders and trombones! Gimme Mighty Mighty BloodToneS!!!

“(Kill Like It’s) Vamp ‘99” has a ton of song possibilities: punk, grunge, ska, boy bands/pop, rap… probably the most musically varied year possibility. The challenge is the setting. The best option is a New Year’s Eve celebration on the eve of Y2K… but they already did a New Year’s Eve celebration.

Vamp 99. Numetal. Not grunge. Lol
We can have all the actors wearing JNCO parachute pants and goth makeup as Deftones and coal chamber plays in the speakers.
Korn, papa roach ,Linkin Park, plus rap hip hop metal bands like insane clown posse, cypress hill, limp Bizkit
Oh my God. It writes itself.

( plus have Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and back street boys actors in the same zone)

One cast could be the pop looking actors with pop music. Second cast would be the rap metal actors.

I'd like to see a Vamp '05 down the line that brings back the festival aspect, except instead of Woodstock-inspired, make it inspired after Warped Tour. Or Coachella I suppose to broaden the music selection.
The possibilities really are nearly endless with the concept.

Vamp 25 - Roaring Twenties
Vamp 95 - Grunge
Vamp 75 - Cowboy Rock

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Just wanna shamelessly throw out there that I made a dream-treatment for Vamp ‘65 as a house apparently 3 years ago (felt so much more recent!) :D IMG_6824.png

I’m content with the zone lol. And getting Oddfellow involved was cool. Though mine had a really wacky ending that tied into other event lore iirc.

Everyone having unique in-character reactions to getting a peace sign flashed at them was majorly fun.

Maybe we’ll finally see a Vanity Ball: Winter Formal house next year? ;)

Just wanna shamelessly throw out there that I made a dream-treatment for Vamp ‘65 as a house apparently 3 years ago (felt so much more recent!) :D View attachment 20014

I’m content with the zone lol. And getting Oddfellow involved was cool. Though mine had a really wacky ending that tied into other event lore iirc.

Everyone having unique in-character reactions to getting a peace sign flashed at them was majorly fun.

Maybe we’ll finally see a Vanity Ball: Winter Formal house next year? ;)

Uggghhh......I never thought about doing the peace sign..... Ugh. I missed out

I had the scareactor with the "Leo Vibes" shirt on touch fingers with me multiple times doing peaces signs lol

So where do we think this ranks in comparison to the other Vamp Zones? I wouldn’t be too surprised if this ends up being looked back upon more fondly than Vamp ‘85, although I don’t think it even held a candle to Vamp ‘55. To be fair though, I love the music and aesthetic of ‘55. I’d honestly say it’s the greatest scare zone of all time, and based on the poll HHN posted on their a Twitter a year or so ago, I don’t think I’m alone in that opinion. With that being said though this zone was still a lot of fun, and I think it improved a lot as the event went on. The interactions were always great and it was really energetic.

So where do we think this ranks in comparison to the other Vamp Zones? I wouldn’t be too surprised if this ends up being looked back upon more fondly than Vamp ‘85, although I don’t think it even held a candle to Vamp ‘55. To be fair though, I love the music and aesthetic of ‘55. I’d honestly say it’s the greatest scare zone of all time, and based on the poll HHN posted on their a Twitter a year or so ago, I don’t think I’m alone in that opinion. With that being said though this zone was still a lot of fun, and I think it improved a lot as the event went on. The interactions were always great and it was really energetic.

vamp 85 was more aggressive and edgy. the vampires would go on stage, it had a more aggressive attitude?
this one was more relaxed and chill. more of a party vibe?