Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This addition and expansion is the start of Universal's push for families with young children. That's a demographic that has been under represented in the parks. Hitting people with bright colors when they first walk into the park is on purpose. I know the area doesn't really make a lot of sense with theme jumbled and sight lines being a mess but the intention is clear. Over the next couple years you will see their branding really trying to capture more of the younger market. They see it as a long term plan to make kids think favorably about the brand, much like Disney did a few decades ago which created the Disney Adults of today. Brand loyal with credit cards.

This addition and expansion is the start of Universal's push for families with young children. That's a demographic that has been under represented in the parks. Hitting people with bright colors when they first walk into the park is on purpose. I know the area doesn't really make a lot of sense with theme jumbled and sight lines being a mess but the intention is clear. Over the next couple years you will see their branding really trying to capture more of the younger market. They see it as a long term plan to make kids think favorably about the brand, much like Disney did a few decades ago which created the Disney Adults of today. Brand loyal with credit cards.

My family is pumped for this. We have a soon-to-be 3 year old and a 7 month old, and this transition to more kid-friendly rides is great. I don't feel like we have to forego USO/IoA for Disney on our trips in the near future

Some interesting stuff from an interview the Orlando Sentinel did with the Director of Immersive Experiences for Universal Creative including potential holiday changes:
“Every single time you play the attraction, you’ll get more points. And you’ll look at your app,” said Victor Lugo, director of immersive experiences for Universal Creative. ”And you’ll notice that things have unlocked a new mission, perhaps. … perhaps a new perk slot. So it allows you to customize and get more powerful every time.”

The more Minion Blast rounds a person makes, the more expansive — perhaps explosive — the options become. There’s a setting called Holy Guacamole that “launches a giant exploding avocado into the sea and causes lots and lots of damage,” Lugo said.

And there’s flexibility built into the attraction, allowing for seasonal or monthly changes.

“During February, I can add Mardi Gras beads,” Lugo said. “During October, you can launch exploding pumpkins.”

Some interesting stuff from an interview the Orlando Sentinel did with the Director of Immersive Experiences for Universal Creative including potential holiday changes:

Yeah - I mentioned this after softs. You can already see it in the app when you apply skins.

47216C42-3C37-41CA-B7A3-0BF411A5B6D6.jpeg

Did they update the music loop in "Minion Land"?

It was still using the production central/park entrance loop a few days ago.
It plays the Minion loop inside Minion Cafe, extended queue for Minion Blast (where there aren’t monitors,) and near Illumination Theater (when not playing character specific songs). I think, for now, that’s all it will be.

The online maps (both interactive and PDF) still don't show Minion Cafe, Villain-Con, or Minion Land in general on them. Are the employees running the website just completely inept or are they considering the decision of zoning "Hollywood" Rip Ride Rocket as "New York" ? :poop:

How hard is it to just upload the files that clearly have existed for weeks?

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
The online maps (both interactive and PDF) still don't show Minion Cafe, Villain-Con, or Minion Land in general on them. Are the employees running the website just completely inept or are they considering the decision of zoning "Hollywood" Rip Ride Rocket as "New York" ? :poop:

They’re Monsters Cafe stans and can’t accept this change.

Reactions: MrBlonde

Despite the accurate in-park map and phone app, we're criticizing the online pdf map? I'm not saying it shouldn't be updated but at this point - you're just looking for crap to complain about.