Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

I"m unsure if this has been asked before, but do yall think they may retheme Rip Ride Rockit with all the rumors of this area becoming a minion land? It seems the giant stage and RRR are the only things left in production central that arent minions themed (i guess those last two things can be a mini production central land?)

I"m unsure if this has been asked before, but do yall think they may retheme Rip Ride Rockit with all the rumors of this area becoming a minion land? It seems the giant stage and RRR are the only things left in production central that arent minions themed (i guess those last two things can be a mini production central land?)
Transformers is Prod. Central also, at least three sides of it's building with the giant Transformers figure that isn't very minion like.

A Rockit retheme to Minions would be a mismatch of target appeal between the IP and the coaster. Transformers is technically in Production Central too, so Rockit and the stage are definitely not the only non-Minion things.

A Rockit retheme to Minions would be a mismatch of target appeal between the IP and the coaster. Transformers is technically in Production Central too, so Rockit and the stage are definitely not the only non-Minion things.
Yeah that'd be my main concern with a RRR retheme too. I always forget transformers is in PC and not NY, thanks for clarifying!

Which is a shame because I just had possibly my smoothest ride ever on it last weekend. Unpopular opinion but I’d be sad if/when it got torn down.
They've been using new wheels or something because my last couple of rides on it have been super smooth. I noticed the # of smooth trains compared to rougher trains was decreasing too for a couple weeks and now I haven't had a rough ride on it in a bit.

HRRR is an interesting situation to me because, imo, if it was rethemed to an Illumination property, it wouldn't hinder ridership (it's a huge coaster, the theme isn't that relevant to most), but it also wouldn't drive a new audience to it due to the fact that, again it's a huge coaster. There's no point in retheming it to Illumination. Production Central will probably feel even more disjointed due to Illumination Avenue and New York, but it wasn't very connected in the first place.

I'll just say this - Hulk was rebuilt after 17 years and DD was torn down after 18. We're approaching HRRR's 13th birthday.
Isn't it 14th this year?

I don't ride RRR so personally, I can't wait for it to go. That could really open some things up in that area.

I’m have a theory the blue is staying within the boundaries that are currently painted. That would leave the left side of the wall with transformers theming. Both would line up with the corresponding resturaunt framing and the exterior queue of transformers. I’m honestly not sure if that’s stranger or not.

Alicia’s video starting at 1:52 shows the blue through the scrim. You can see how it would frame the restaurant like Hollywood in that angle.

Well. I was wrong. :lmao:

I mean, it takes up a pretty slim strip of land, with wider parts at the end and at the mid-course turn-around. Not sure what could replace it, except for... another coaster lol
It won't open up anything? The only thing that can go there is a coaster.
I mostly meant that if they ever wanted to do something with BMG, it would provide a bit more room with the station being gone, lol

I will say i think production central's gonna feel a tad weird now that half the attractions (correct me if I'm wrong) will be minions, plus a notable chunk of the restauraunts/merch. I kinda hope minions gets marketed as a seperate land but then how do you geographically connect transformers and RRR into a land too? Idk :/

Maybe the do pull a kong and make RRR/The stage a Music land, then quietly just change transformers to part of NY?

Last edited: