Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Cabanas

This somewhat terrible map that is really only for show and still not 100% accurate shows where the cabana locations will be, and yea, pretty much scattered throughout the park. Even Universal's own description says "One-story and two-story retreats are located throughout the park."

vb-cabanas2.jpg

The centrally located ones in the middle seem like a good idea until you realize they're surrounding the kids play areas. So if you ain't got kids, you gonna be hearing them a lot anyway.

Last edited:
I think the TM said mine is in River Village. Not 100% sure what that means yet.

I think the TM said mine is in River Village. Not 100% sure what that means yet.
It will be in this section of the park:
33339755506_5cafa40f6c_b.jpg

The scenic River Village has fun for people of all ages, including the very youngest Waturi.

Honu ika Moana
Honu

Experience the twists and turns of underwater currents just like Honu, the sea turtle. Hang on tight as the raft sweeps up two massive walls, through ocean mists and down into sparkling pools in this thrilling adventure.
Must be 48” tall to ride.
ika Moana

Ride the waves like the ancient Waturi did, twisting and turning along the waterway. Ika Moana, the whale, joyfully sprays water from his blowhole before everyone splashes down together in the waters below.
42"- 48" tall must be accompanied by a Supervising Companion.
Volcano-Bay-Full-Reveal-4.jpg

04122017UORVB29.jpg

Tot Tiki Reef + Runamukka Reef
Once an exotic coral reef beneath the ocean, Runamukka Reef is now a favorite play place for young Waturi children with its bubbling geysers, water guns, slides and dump cups. Shaded by fanciful bamboo sea creatures and waving seaweed, it’s the most playful spot in Universal’s Volcano Bay™.

Even the youngest Waturi can get in on the fun in the shallows of Tot Tiki Reef. Play among splashy slides, a tot-sized water volcano and a family of friendly tikis with spraying fountains. Plus, adorable whales spray and sing as kids raise and lower their hands.
Maximum of 48”
Universals-Volcano-Bay-Runamukka-Reef.jpg

04122017UORVB27.jpg

Volcano-Bay-Waterpark-Construction-Universal-Orlando-Resort-420.jpg

Kopiko Wai Winding River
Take a slow ride on the Kopiko Wai Winding River. Sprays of water surprise along the way, and beneath the lava rocks, Stargazer’s Cavern reveals the magical night sky above.
Volcano-Bay-Full-Reveal-3.jpg

Photo%20Feb%2006%2C%2010%2024%2043.png

Universals-Volcano-Bay-Star-Gazers.jpg

04032017VBay19.jpg

I got one of the family cabanas, of which there are only 2. So that confirms that at least 1 of them is there in River Village.

Have prices been jacked up? Just got a lower, single Cabana for $399 on June 22. (With the upper costing $499:eek:) @AliciaStella said a single was $299 for opening day.

If you get a cabana in the morning, and then go to your hotel for a nap or lunch, is it still yours when you come back?

The centrally located ones in the middle seem like a good idea until you realize they're surrounding the kids play areas. So if you ain't got kids, you gonna be hearing them a lot anyway.

I would still go for one of the interior cabanas. More of a 360 view. There is going to be screaming and shouting everywhere anyway... a few "happy" drinks will drown it all out. :)

So, the last week of August, first of September might be base prices for a private cabana, correct? Same for much of November? Dec, Jan, Feb and March are iffy as it may turn cold on any one of those days and be a bust.

This somewhat terrible map that is really only for show and still not 100% accurate shows where the cabana locations will be, and yea, pretty much scattered throughout the park. Even Universal's own description says "One-story and two-story retreats are located throughout the park."

View attachment 4123

I know they've added a few more cabanas- to the right of the volcano in between the play area and volcano- but did they add anymore I'm not thinking of?

Also- is there a way to request a certain Cabana? My youngest is going to be borderline 42"- so while she should be able to ride Krakatau with her water shoes on, she likely will be just at or possibly a hair too short for the other 42" rides- so I'd like to be near the kid area for her sake.

Can someone also explain the cabana process? So far I've gathered that you checkin at concierge, then apparently they get lost while trying to find your cabana and waste 30 mins? :D Is it first come first serve on location?

Can someone also explain the cabana process? So far I've gathered that you checkin at concierge, then apparently they get lost while trying to find your cabana and waste 30 mins? :D Is it first come first serve on location?

If you don't get a response, I'll be there on Thursday and will go through the Cabana process. I'm really hoping it goes quickly. I want to take advantage of our extra 1.5 hours but I want to get settled in the Cabana so I don't pay for a separate locker. We better not waste 30 min!

I'll try to loop back to this thread and post the process afterwards.

If you don't get a response, I'll be there on Thursday and will go through the Cabana process. I'm really hoping it goes quickly. I want to take advantage of our extra 1.5 hours but I want to get settled in the Cabana so I don't pay for a separate locker. We better not waste 30 min!

I'll try to loop back to this thread and post the process afterwards.

Awesome- thanks.

Ya- I've heard it said to just put your stuff down on a chair and do a bunch of rides first thing, then get your cabana- so as not to miss out on the early hour (1.5hr in your case) rides.
Every day from here on out (sans labor day weekend) should be less and less crowds, so I'm hoping that won't be as important.

What I would try if I was in your situation (or if no one answered this)- is to try to get there closer to 7am (for 7:30 open)- and see if they'll take you to your cabana early. Doubt this would happen- but I'd kindly express concern about missing out on the early time searching for the cabana. That- or ask them if you can come back in an hour.
If they won't let you in early- my plan might just be to make the wife handle the cabana with my littlest while I haul up those stairs with the oldest and hit the drop slides :D

Awesome- thanks.

Ya- I've heard it said to just put your stuff down on a chair and do a bunch of rides first thing, then get your cabana- so as not to miss out on the early hour (1.5hr in your case) rides.
Every day from here on out (sans labor day weekend) should be less and less crowds, so I'm hoping that won't be as important.

What I would try if I was in your situation (or if no one answered this)- is to try to get there closer to 7am (for 7:30 open)- and see if they'll take you to your cabana early. Doubt this would happen- but I'd kindly express concern about missing out on the early time searching for the cabana. That- or ask them if you can come back in an hour.
If they won't let you in early- my plan might just be to make the wife handle the cabana with my littlest while I haul up those stairs with the oldest and hit the drop slides :D
There's more than one concierge hut for cabana checkin. Everyone goes to the one near the entrance while the ones further back are empty.

There's more than one concierge hut for cabana checkin. Everyone goes to the one near the entrance while the ones further back are empty.
Do they allow you to be seated early, by chance?

Do you mind throwing an "x" on Alicia's pic on the top of this page by chance to mark it's location? If you have time, of course.