Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's posted some photos over Universal Studios as well showing Fallon and F&F, I think it's a little unbelievable they're allow a drone over the parks, particularly, Rockit but a helicopter being that low is probably even more unbelievable. I don't know what to think but his photos are great.

If he's high up enough it can be hard to spot and even harder to track where it's coming/going. Could be shooting at a higher resolution and cropping in.

Reactions: Scott W.
What kind of camera was that, that the zoom jogs forward awkwardly like that? That must have been taken by one of the construction employees?
Video removed. that tells you all you need to know. ;)

I commented on the video asking if they worked there, no surprise it has now been taken down, its the sort of video I would show some mates not post to YouTube! I think its safe to presume getting on site means they officially had something to do with the project. Shame its now taken down though.

*ahem* ;)
https://twitter.com/mickeyxtreme?lang=en

He claims they're "helicopter" pics but I'm 95% sure they're from a DJI drone. I own a DJI Inspire and I recognize the quality/profile of the photos. Also if I'm wrong and he's flying in a helicopter he must have some cash to blow, not to mention a pilot that gets awfully low altitude to Universal.

Would a helicopter have to be that low to get pictures like that? Some of the lenses on cameras now are ridiculous so surely they could get pretty good quality pictures at a safe altitude? I couldn't judge if it was drone footage or from a camera but I have always thought it maybe drone footage rather than helicopter. The only thing I have noticed the pictures appear to be from similar positions but slightly different angles suggesting it wasn't just one fly by of a helicopter, it would have to have been multiple passes or hovering.... Must cost him a fortune!

Would a helicopter have to be that low to get pictures like that? Some of the lenses on cameras now are ridiculous so surely they could get pretty good quality pictures at a safe altitude? I couldn't judge if it was drone footage or from a camera but I have always thought it maybe drone footage rather than helicopter. The only thing I have noticed the pictures appear to be from similar positions but slightly different angles suggesting it wasn't just one fly by of a helicopter, it would have to have been multiple passes or hovering.... Must cost him a fortune!

You can easily get in a heli and get some really close shots with a 600mm lens will give you some pretty close images with the helicopter staying at whatever height they are supposed to fly at. With camera sensors as good as they are, cropping a 300mm will get you some close shots and pretty clear

Reactions: Dan B
You can easily get in a heli and get some really close shots with a 600mm lens will give you some pretty close images with the helicopter staying at whatever height they are supposed to fly at. With camera sensors as good as they are, cropping a 300mm will get you some close shots and pretty clear

My brother works in private aviation and from previous conversations I know the minimum height for manned aircraft is 500ft. With a 300mm (or above) lens, you have the possibility of zooming-in even further than what MickeyXtreme does with his photos.

Coming off the Sand Lake exit today I noticed what looked like some new white slides. Almost looked like they were white wrapped, can anyone confirm if it was a white slide or a wrap? And if it was a wrap any idea why these were wrapped up and the others weren't?

Coming off the Sand Lake exit today I noticed what looked like some new white slides. Almost looked like they were white wrapped, can anyone confirm if it was a white slide or a wrap? And if it was a wrap any idea why these were wrapped up and the others weren't?

Without seeing them, I can't comment but if I was to let my mind go wild on my why slides would need covered, I'd say, screenz inside slides?

It's only one or two pages back that white slides can be seen in pictures but very little was mentioned on here about them. From the now removed video on site it looked like the slides were coming out of the volcano to the left of the wave pool. Either white or clear slides wrapped to protect them? No idea but look forward to seeing where they start.

It's only one or two pages back that white slides can be seen in pictures but very little was mentioned on here about them. From the now removed video on site it looked like the slides were coming out of the volcano to the left of the wave pool. Either white or clear slides wrapped to protect them? No idea but look forward to seeing where they start.

Clear slides seems like the obvious answer.

Now this latest image is terrible quality but Is the white near vertical tube in the middle of the volcano one of the clear slides we are discussing!!!?? because if it is that is going to be one epic drop! I can't see anything on the previous pictures to date that looks anything like that within the structure. Also had a thought and as for the drop boxes that we are hoping for, I would presume they wouldn't store them on the storage site with slide pieces as they would be mechanical pieces so maybe transport them direct to site at a later date when required... I don't know I'm just guessing as usual haha.

Goodness, that thing is the monster I always hoped and expected it would be. I-4 is going to have soooooo many accidents in that area.
I wonder how much taller it'll go. It looks to be around 80-100 feet tall right now from what I can tell...but looks like we're nearing the top of the structure, so I doubt 200 feet tall...I could be wrong of course.

I wonder how much taller it'll go. It looks to be around 80-100 feet tall right now from what I can tell...but looks like we're nearing the top of the structure, so I doubt 200 feet tall...I could be wrong of course.

Looks taller than that to me, but it's hard to tell. The thing I'm really interested to see is how the forced perspective works close up, given that guests will be able to walk (/swim) right up to this in a way that isn't possible with Everest or the like.

Goodness, that thing is the monster I always hoped and expected it would be. I-4 is going to have soooooo many accidents in that area.

It does look as though it's approaching a peak at this point. Driving by it really isn't that impressive height wise. I'm sure it will be much more interesting to look at when completed, I imagined it being quite a bit taller though.

It does look as though it's approaching a peak at this point. Driving by it really isn't that impressive height wise. I'm sure it will be much more interesting to look at when completed, I imagined it being quite a bit taller though.
It looks to be a little North of 150 ft. But I agree. When completed, will have a greater impact. Especially forced prospective when driving up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.