Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh... looked at the full sized picture just now. Major changes so don't listen to me on VB any more. Goodness! Lower left is a shock to me. I don't even see a Mammoth on that map. The volcano seems the bigger deal now.

Oooooh... looked at the full sized picture just now. Major changes so don't listen to me on VB any more. Goodness! Lower left is a shock to me. I don't even see a Mammoth on that map. The volcano seems the bigger deal now.
Yeah looking closer at it I'm disappointed. Three big slide towers that look unthemed, no mammoth watercoaster, and about as many slides as Typhoon or Blizzard.

You're gonna have to do more than that to impress me Universal!

Yeah. Looks like they attach to the existing towers. Guess that area is going to be closed off soon.

Here's better pic:

Kind of looks like they have two more buildings plus the towers? For some reason they look to have one more floor than the current ones...I just thought that white concrete overhang was at the end of the current property, but maybe not....been a little while since I was last there.

Here's the source image:

ClbLE-DUsAAmEBM.jpg

actually looking at it now...That probably is just a really rough image....just checked it with the concept art. I see things matching up. I was worried there for a second. Perception/angle/ are whats missing plus the observation deck. But that splash on the resort layout is the white slide covered with rocks on right side of the beach, the green slide poking out the side is the yellow slide on this. However, they added more water area next to the white slide instead of it being next to the lazy river.

NJk8xkF.jpg

Reactions: Mike S
If you want to read into the map more than it should be, then be my guest. :lol:

All I'm saying is wait til actual artist renderings before we bring out the all the pitchforks.
Agreed, I definitely don't think this should be looked at as 100% fact, but at the same time I have to imagine they probably don't want to pay whoever does this once for early artwork just to put on their table and then again later when the plans are locked in. It's definitely a few notches higher than concept art in my opinion.

Agreed, I definitely don't think this should be looked at as 100% fact, but at the same time I have to imagine they probably don't want to pay whoever does this once for early artwork just to put on their table and then again later when the plans are locked in. It's definitely a few notches higher than concept art in my opinion.

But the devil is in the details and this isn't meant to show that. Just where everything is.

If you want to read into the map more than it should be, then be my guest. :lol:

All I'm saying is wait til actual artist renderings before we bring out the all the pitchforks.

I'm chuckling with you on this one BriMan, look at the piece of 'Art' people, its not a map really is it.... its just a general display showing the resorts, I mean look at the accuracy for starters to the currently erected slides and structures and to this image, not quite accurate are they... Yeah maybe some general positioning of slides is somewhat close but already hearing the word 'disappointed' takes me back a few pages when people were disappointed at theming when the site is still 70% mud haha.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
You just liked my post about not taking this image as concept art.... Good grief.
I liked it but then after realized this was their advertised resort artwork...which is probably pretty accurate,(at least amount of slides and whatnot, not necessarily proper placement or colors) so my comment has merit.

I'm sure ill still 'like' the park...I just expect more since we've heard this is supposed to be one of the most expensive waterparks ever built.

Status
Not open for further replies.