Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were really smart by making such a tall structure in that location. People are going to see it all over the resort and probably that will entice them to go there. It is going to be really nice and beautiful.

Reactions: Mike S
From tweet shared above...
CnVuw2TWEAA7bAB.jpg

The first pieces of the water coaster appear to be installed! Looks like a nice steep drop is starting to be formed. However, the thing that I find most curious is that the slide color is green except for the bottom of the drop. The base of the drop is blue. Will this part be placed with water around it and create a splash effect interacting with the landscape? The dirt around appears to create a nice landscape for a pond to be formed...could be a very cool effect if done! Would be better if they made a tunnel and the slide went under water, but I don't think that will be the case here.

The black, yellow, and red slides in the foreground look like they will be fast and have high banked turns! I am assuming those will be the mat slides.

Sorry for double post but...I am curious why there are not more slide pieces installed inside the volcano structure yet. The concept art and descriptions released clearly indicate slides will meander through the volcano yet only a few small sections have been installed so far. I wonder how they will get the slide pieces in after the steal structure is installed?

Sorry for double post but...I am curious why there are not more slide pieces installed inside the volcano structure yet. The concept art and descriptions released clearly indicate slides will meander through the volcano yet only a few small sections have been installed so far. I wonder how they will get the slide pieces in after the steal structure is installed?
They did lose some pieces in that fire, though I have no idea which pieces.

Latest photos I could find today:

D987 construction update (new slides going in)

Look at the 3rd pic in this tweet. You can see the concrete wave generator building I was talking about. Now that I see it up close I noticed what seems to be a double decker wave generator. Just below the top floor wage generator seems to be an indentation for some sort of trough. If you look below that area, straddling the bottom floor wave generator looks to be poured footers in a row for supports to hold the upper trough. Seems very unusual and interesting to me.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
Status
Not open for further replies.