Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we know why Universal partnered with Nintendo.
MarioSMBW.png
If they decide to do a 2nd water park on the new plot, that could be the greatest themed water park of all time.
Just call it Mario's Water Works. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
Look at the 3rd pic in this tweet. You can see the concrete wave generator building I was talking about. Now that I see it up close I noticed what seems to be a double decker wave generator. Just below the top floor wage generator seems to be an indentation for some sort of trough. If you look below that area, straddling the bottom floor wave generator looks to be poured footers in a row for supports to hold the upper trough. Seems very unusual and interesting to me.

I noticed that too and found it very perplexing. Never seen a double decker wave machine. Not sure why you would have a multi story river?

Although, just thought of this as I am typing...I am wondering if it is possibly part of the family raft ride that was described to go by geysers and such. Could it be a wave machine that will pump waves into a slide/rapids ride above the river? I could see a slide similar to the family raft ride at Typhoon lagoon having a wave river portion and embedded into the mountain landscape. This project is getting interesting....

Volcano-Bay-Waterpark-Construction-Universal-Orlando-Resort-056.jpg

So looks like the station for the water coaster is taking shape! Best news is that it appears to be low to the ground and will start with a nice drop into an uphill launch instead of the typical conveyor belt lift. Although, the first drop looks a little awkward how it goes shallow to steep.

Also love how the station appears to be shaping up. Looks like an elevator possibly taking shape. Also, some nice looking cantilevers forming near the fist drop. Really hope there is a water feature there!

Volcano-Bay-Waterpark-Construction-Universal-Orlando-Resort-056.jpg

So looks like the station for the water coaster is taking shape! Best news is that it appears to be low to the ground and will start with a nice drop into an uphill launch instead of the typical conveyor belt lift. Although, the first drop looks a little awkward how it goes shallow to steep.

Also love how the station appears to be shaping up. Looks like an elevator possibly taking shape. Also, some nice looking cantilevers forming near the fist drop. Really hope there is a water feature there!

Has there ever been a water coaster like this before that's more traditionally like a normal coaster?

Has there ever been a water coaster like this before that's more traditionally like a normal coaster?

The worlds first water coaster "Dragon Blaster" (Now Dragon's Revenge) at Schlitterbahn New Braunfuls, TX is like this. It starts low and uses the blasters to get to the taller points. But it is more of a slow build up with small hills and turns as it meanders up higher and higher and the highest point is the 'finale' with the largest drop.

Wait... where is this supposed water coaster located? It appears to be in the southern most corner of the park. If so, that is where it was supposed to go after all.

It appears to be centrally located in the park and looks like it heads towards the volcano. I am hoping that it will work its way into the volcano with some special effects along the way. Time will tell though...

It appears to be centrally located in the park and looks like it heads towards the volcano. I am hoping that it will work its way into the volcano with some special effects along the way. Time will tell though...

What is like to see is a loading system similar to RRR to get the capacity up.

That was tried (not successfully) But there are ones with a tilted loop

As long as it's safer than the infamous loop at Action Park.

Sorry for double post but...I am curious why there are not more slide pieces installed inside the volcano structure yet. The concept art and descriptions released clearly indicate slides will meander through the volcano yet only a few small sections have been installed so far. I wonder how they will get the slide pieces in after the steal structure is installed?

They have only built one half of the steel structure, the other half of the volcano is completely open so plenty of time to put the slide pieces in before any remaining structure is built around. However I am not 100% convinced the current open side of the volcano is going to be full enclosed like the wave pool side. In the concept video from what I could make out there appears to be a few openings towards the back of the volcano giving the impression it is partially open, this would make sense with the amount of different slides potentially coming out of it. You will see below all of the open areas.

Untitled.jpg

WildGravity Travel's latest pictures are in the link in the tweet below, take a look, some interesting images leaving me speculate quite a bit

They have only built one half of the steel structure, the other half of the volcano is completely open so plenty of time to put the slide pieces in before any remaining structure is built around. However I am not 100% convinced the current open side of the volcano is going to be full enclosed like the wave pool side. In the concept video from what I could make out there appears to be a few openings towards the back of the volcano giving the impression it is partially open, this would make sense with the amount of different slides potentially coming out of it. You will see below all of the open areas.

Untitled.jpg

WildGravity Travel's latest pictures are in the link in the tweet below, take a look, some interesting images leaving me speculate quite a bit

I can see what you're saying, I wonder if the wave pool side is going to be the calmer side (the kids' play areas face this side), then the back side (where the yellow/orange and black slides are) is going to be the extreme action/ volcano eruption part where the back side of the volcano is blasted out from an eruption. There are some pretty cool effects that could be done around this idea.

Reactions: anihilnation
Status
Not open for further replies.