Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet, but Volcano Bay is now added to the 'Resort Wide Map' on UO's website. Fast and Furious also confirmed for 2018 on it:
28360849476_4ed5192c46_b.jpg

Universal Orlando Resort Downloadable Park Maps

Judging from this pic and the way the water jets appear to be facing, looks like this slide will be taking you away from the volcano not towards it, correct?

Later pictures show another section mounted on the footers next to the piece shown. Manlift is over the next footers. I do think this is the outbound track though. Closer pics show one with a recess under the track and I think that is the conveyor guide.

Reactions: Scott W.
Judging from this pic and the way the water jets appear to be facing, looks like this slide will be taking you away from the volcano not towards it, correct?

I think that is probably leading to the element just to the left of the volcano on the park map. It goes up a large hill turns around a tower and comes back down.

Also, Proslide doesn't use water jets on their water coasters. They use LIM technology which is what causes their water coasters to be faster. I personally prefer the true water jet water coasters but this should be thrilling non the less.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Also, Proslide doesn't use water jets on their water coasters. They use LIM technology which is what causes their water coasters to be faster. I personally prefer the true water jet water coasters but this should be thrilling non the less.

They started using water jets last year and I have to say: the result is quite good! I rode Tsunami (the first RocketBLAST/FlyingSAUCER hybrid in North America) a week and a half ago and it is awesome. You have a ton of power on the uphill segments and since the water jets are pointed at the side of the boats in special pockets, you don't wedgies and no vibrations on the back. The boats are also very comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.