Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MGM/Hollywood Studios went up so quick they wanted to beat the opening of Universal Studios Florida.
Now they don't care anymore about the guest experience an they take their time, it's cheaper.
Disney used to be very conscious of what other parks were up to. They had a big plan to contend with the opening of IOA. When it opened but did not do the attendance numbers of US, Disney stopped worrying about other parks.

WDW figured it was a mature resort and had already done all the building needed. From there they focused on profits. It wasn't until HP that WDW had to deal with real competition again. They reacted slowly. They are still paying the price for that.

That's definitely a support for a bowl slide. Should go up fairly quick.

Dr. Doom is out of my comfort zone so I doubt I will be launched at Fun Spot anytime soon. I can't make like a yo-yo any longer.

However being launched out of Hulk is on the menu as soon as possible I am sure.

You sure its not for one of the walls on the double wall slides? I don't recall a bowl slide???

I believe he is more referring to this.

tornado-wave-walls-skara-sommarland-axvall-sweden-blue-green.jpg

That's the support for the TornadoWAVE that we can see in the promo video from Universal (below) at around 30 seconds.

ss 2016-07-26 at 9.58.44 AM.jpg

take this with a huge grain of salt (not aware if anyone has mentioned this in the previous pages) but my brother in law had to call uni to update info on his AP and the person who attended us was quite nice and social as is my bro in law and he carried away to ask some questions about current projects... one interesting tidbit they mentioned is that "its going to be a surprise but that premier pass holders are expected to gain free admission to volcano bay"

Again, i don't know how accurate if at all this persons answer is and generally these employees have little to no information (i would think, key word generally) but I found it interesting thought you guys would too.

Anyone shed more light on this or heard anything similar?

Thanks

I would not be surprised that the top tier pass gets at least some sort of admission with or without blackout dates to volcano bay, but I would guess that those passes will go up in price by a hundred bucks at least.

Reactions: Joel
I would not be surprised that the top tier pass gets at least some sort of admission with or without blackout dates to volcano bay, but I would guess that those passes will go up in price by a hundred bucks at least.

Agreed, they're not going to give away free admission to a park that just cost them hundreds of millions of dollars to construct. Premier pass might be getting admission to VB but at a cost of a few hundred more doll hairs.

Seeing the concrete sprayed on is pretty cool, this thing is going to take shape really fast once the rock work has covered the entire thing. Already looking great and no where near done.

Not the clearest of photos this time from G-Man but look at the level difference in the last photo, it seems quite a bit. Going to be interesting to see how the landscaping progress with the site.

Cabana bay towers going up quick now too. What an awesome view those rooms are going to have!!!

Reactions: Mike S
take this with a huge grain of salt (not aware if anyone has mentioned this in the previous pages) but my brother in law had to call uni to update info on his AP and the person who attended us was quite nice and social as is my bro in law and he carried away to ask some questions about current projects... one interesting tidbit they mentioned is that "its going to be a surprise but that premier pass holders are expected to gain free admission to volcano bay"

Again, i don't know how accurate if at all this persons answer is and generally these employees have little to no information (i would think, key word generally) but I found it interesting thought you guys would too.

Anyone shed more light on this or heard anything similar?

Thanks

I've heard similar, but it won't be added to the pass year round, it'll be a 1-time admission during non-peak times, like the HHN ticket that premier gets.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
Status
Not open for further replies.