Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why did they put it by the homes?" she said. "It's almost like they don't care."

Question is why did they move next to the theme park? They're after money it looks like. The park was there first, they knew what they were doing when they purchased a house right next to Universal and their property.

Universal never should have sold that land.

"Why did they put it by the homes?" she said. "It's almost like they don't care."

Question is why did they move next to the theme park? They're after money it looks like. The park was there first, they knew what they were doing when they purchased a house right next to Universal and their property.

Universal never should have sold that land.

that Lady is just plain Greedy she just wants Cash and Sympathy to be Expected from Universal Orlando the thing that the Wallaces don't realize is once Volcano Bay is done with construction their home values will go up.

I don't believe Universal ever owned west of their current property, on the other side of Turkey Lake. Do you know something I don't?

UniCityMasterPlan.jpg

I don't believe Universal ever owned west of their current property, on the other side of Turkey Lake. Do you know something I don't?
From the article posted:
The theme-park company used to own the land on which the nearby neighborhoods sit, selling it to developers about 15 years ago. Many of the homes, mostly townhouses, were built in 2006. Universal Orlando spokesman Tom Schroder said that the company has "gone to great lengths" to make sure home buyers would be aware of potential resort expansion.

Schroder said Universal stressed to the developers "we're in the theme-park business and we need to make sure the people who buy homes from you are aware of that." Homes' titles give details about the potential for attraction-related projects, he said.
Universal covered themselves by having the titles mention potential attraction projects.

Reactions: Mad Dog
In hindsight, that little spat of land west of Turkey was worthless to the resort. That said, I have no compassion for that development. If you are going to buy a house, it is recommended that you research the neighborhood and general area and zoning first.

^ Ooops, I stopped at the ads as I thought that was the end of the article.

Yup Indeed I have no Sympathy for Mrs.Wallace who did'nt do her research before buying that lot with Deluca Homes
I knew her son and Daughter I went to high school with both of them and they were Quiet people and did'nt really say much until now...

In hindsight, that little spat of land west of Turkey was worthless to the resort. That said, I have no compassion for that development. If you are going to buy a house, it is recommended that you research the neighborhood and general area and zoning first.

Looking at that map, I'm curious how they would have connected to the golf course over the road.

"How dare a theme park resort develop another theme park on land that they own that I expected to remain undeveloped because I bought a house near it. Don't they realize that I paid top dollar to live across the street from one of the premier vacation destinations in the country because the surrounding areas of those are known to be quiet and traffic free?"

:rolleyes:

What the heck did these people expect. Like, the homes were built after the resort was built. They are quite naive if they thought there never would be an expansion onto valuable vacant resort owned land adjacent to existing park properties. I have zero sympathy for those people. Just like the townhouses behind Diagon. People, what were you thinking when you moved in. You can't be that dumb.

They probably thought Universal's future seemed so bleak during their so-called "dark ages" that they didn't think they would expand. :lol:

I agree. No sympathy for them. When we bought our current house we don't own any of the land behind our house and neither does our HOA. It is all wooded and waterways and we did a huge amount of research to make sure nothing could be built behind our house. I don't feel bad for people who don't research when making a large purchase.

My friend bought a house and didn't even tell anyone until they bought it. Which is fine, but they had no clue what they were doing and did not research. Now just 6 months into living there she is complaining about this and that and how she can't have a shed and all this other stuff. seriously?!? No sympathy for her. She knows I know a crap ton about HOAs you would have thought she would have asked if she didn't understand what it meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.