Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 262 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some of the lifeguards have started already, with high vis jackets and hard hats.
It leads me to another question about the water.
Most of the slides have running water, are these all connected to a main filter/mini water treatment area, or does each slide have its own water supply/recycling method? I'm guessing those filters will be on overtime with the amount of dust and dirt in the air

That literally is so stupid. That means added wait times for when your turn to ride arrives. It completely negates Tapu Tapu

If they make it to May 25th with nearly all elements/landscaping intact and finished I'll be stunned. Universal usually isn't this cocky unlike Disney with hard deadlines... methinks that this is a pissing contest just to beat Avatar.

What I don't understand is why you have to walk to the actual ride in order to reserve a spot. It seems like it could be a pain to walk all the way to the slide only to go all the way back and wait in the pool.

I see some of the lifeguards have started already, with high vis jackets and hard hats.
Most of the slides have running water, are these all connected to a main filter/mini water treatment area, or does each slide have its own water supply/recycling method? I'm guessing those filters will be on overtime with the amount of dust and dirt in the air

I imagine there are multiple pumps and filter systems throughout the park. You would want those for redundancy. For the top of the volcano and waterfalls I would expect multiple pumps with a reservoir high up so no pump has to run the water all the way to the top on its own. The lazy rivers have their own systems and each group of slides should as well.

Reactions: PeteThePoolMan
If they make it to May 25th with nearly all elements/landscaping intact and finished I'll be stunned. Universal usually isn't this cocky unlike Disney with hard deadlines... methinks that this is a pissing contest just to beat Avatar.

They only piss contest is Rivers Of Lights. Who gets fired?

How many people will actually spring for the extra expense for Express Pass when they're already not having to wait on a line though?

They're not waiting in a line, but say they're virtually allowed to only wait in 1 line at a time and that wait is 60 mins. That's 60 minute wait + ride + 60+ min wait + ride + long wait + ride. It's a waste of your day, unless you really enjoy the wave pool and lazy river.

Express pass would seem more functional where you can just go rides one after the other without have to go scan Tapu then wait for the 2nd/3rd/4th ride.

I personally find the express pass more functional than Tapu right now. Since Tapu Tapu has so many what if's with the virtual queue.

Reactions: maroonmol and Nick
I didn't really go to this side of the resort on my recent trip, but part of my ritual is to fill up at the 7-11 (I think it is Major and Kirkman)...heading to I-4 East to pick up the turn pike, the GPS always tells me to U-turn, but the signs I follow take me back to Universal...I swear the on ramp there has you circle UOR around 7 times...but the Volcano adds so much to spot as you are trying to get away :confused::confused:

Reactions: Coasted
Each pool or body of water will have it's own circulation system and filtration system. If you start to share pumps with different bodies of water you are at risk of draining one and overflowing the other. So each slide complex would have their own pump room unless they were in close proximity to another. For example the lazy river would most likely share a room with any of the the slide complexes it's near or the volcano's. But each body of water being circulated in that room would have it's own pumps, filters, heaters, and chemical monitoring systems separate from the others.

I don't think there would be any major equipment other than valves or actuators (maybe small pumps) in the top of the volcano. They will pump water from the wave pool to the top with a very large pumps in the base.

Reactions: Doug A. and Andysol
MickeyXtreme just posted a new aerial photo update on his site. The good news is that the park is looking gorgeous. The bad news is that it doesn't even look close to be done. #prayforvolcanobay

Reactions: maroonmol and Dan B
They're not waiting in a line, but say they're virtually allowed to only wait in 1 line at a time and that wait is 60 mins. That's 60 minute wait + ride + 60+ min wait + ride + long wait + ride. It's a waste of your day, unless you really enjoy the wave pool and lazy river.

Express pass would seem more functional where you can just go rides one after the other without have to go scan Tapu then wait for the 2nd/3rd/4th ride.

I personally find the express pass more functional than Tapu right now. Since Tapu Tapu has so many what if's with the virtual queue.
Completely agree. I actually think Express seems like it's more worth it at VB than at USF or IOA.

MickeyXtreme just posted a new aerial photo update on his site. The good news is that the park is looking gorgeous. The bad news is that it doesn't even look close to be done. [HASHTAG]#prayforvolcanobay[/HASHTAG]

As quoted above, Mickey xtreme images embedded below with link for reference:

I LOVE THESE AERIAL UPDATES! They always give the best view of progress and now the park is being landscaped there is more and more to take in and analyse on each update. I Like how busy the park is starting to look with more and more plantation. Also once done the view the new rooms in the towers overlooking the park are going to have a great view, especially at night.

Latest Aerials of Volcano Bay at Universal Orlando

02062017VBWP2.jpg
02062017VBWP9.jpg
02062017VBWP15.jpg

02062017VBWP16.jpg

Latest Video update from Dan at Midway Mayhem:

Bioreconstruct updates:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how those shots show how close the school and residential areas are

Status
Not open for further replies.