Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 261 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about something. Will VB be part of your annual pass or do you need to buy a separate ticket?

Very disappointed that the stairway for the drop slides is located OUTSIDE the Volcano. Could've been so much cooler built up and around the interior of the Volcano...bubbling magma, lava trickling down...talk about a missed opportunity.

Very disappointed that the stairway for the drop slides is located OUTSIDE the Volcano. Could've been so much cooler built up and around the interior of the Volcano...bubbling magma, lava trickling down...talk about a missed opportunity.

Well it still could be... that may be just one area of the stairway.

There is no rope bridge on the backside of the volcano. Based on the concept videos, it looks like it is actually just a walkway/platform.
View attachment 3614 View attachment 3615 View attachment 3616

Damn it I should have scrolled down on here more to see your post instead of weasting my time doing the exact same thing :bang:

Untitled.png

I see where you are coming from regards to having the stairs scaling the entire interior and would have loved the same but if you look near the top there does not seem to be that much space in there especially if you take note of the picture below and on the left the platforms for the stairs show just how much they stick out and they are the closest to being actually classed as inside the volcano. The internal spaces has been used for those drop slides and I imagine to get some stairs around the inside face would have required the volcano having an even larger volume and its already enormous as it is! Technically the stair on the right of the photo are on the internal side of the volcano too so its not like they are winding around the outside, I think climbing those stairs to the top is going to be a great experience itself.

C4GK_CjUEAASAGl.jpg

Love how high those rafts go and its strange how I have spent hours looking at photos of this slide being constructed but you really don't get a sense of scale until you see a raft inside it, way bigger than it looks in the photos and that goes for nearly everything at this park, photos really don't do it justice!

Last edited:
What if I told you guys that one contractor hasn't been given access to the site yet. And is starting to become very concerned about the completion date.

There is not much more to add. One of the contractors that is supposed to be building some of the elements hasn't been allowed on site yet. And the project lead from that company is very concerned about getting done with everything they need to do before opening day.

I think we all are concerned about it...Just looking at how much work there is still to be done makes my heart race

I think we all are concerned about it...Just looking at how much work there is still to be done makes my heart race

I keep having mixed emotions. Some days I feel like they are in danger of hitting the deadline and other days I feel like they are going to come in on time. They have 2 months and 3 weeks left before the full opening. I think they can do this !

Status
Not open for further replies.