Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 282 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone wandering out of curiousity- that lake you swim in is likely treated wastewater. And that water your drinking from the Tap has been pulled from that lake and treated again. :D
Yeah, I don't know about the "treated" part. lol Every lake that I've ever been in is used as an outhouse by the boaters. It's often joked that even if it stopped raining for years, Lake Cumberland would continue to rise in the summers. :-X

Just few information.As a microbiologist, working for a tap water research lab, and i'm pretty sure the regulation for pool and recreation area are realy strict, more than wastewater regulation, specially for the microbial part.

Usually (in europe, but it's the same thing in US) you need to do some filtration step (like sand filtration) to remove suspended matters, and also some pathogens who are not killed by chlorine. UV lamp is more and more used, specially for elimination of some viruses who are not monitored by regular fecal indicators, that's look normal for a state of the art water treatement plant and control of the water Quality. Chlorine is important for controling biofilm formation inside plumbing.
I am for all the filtration and treatment they can throw at this. In Forida everything grows like it is in a petri dish and with the general population marinating in the waters of Volcano bay I want a fighting chance to come out unscathed. I spent many days floating in the Gulf (years every morning) and never caught anything but had a friend up in the panhandle that got necrotizing fasciitis last year up by Panama City Beach. Treat, filter and treat again so I can float with confidence.

... had a friend up in the panhandle that got necrotizing fasciitis last year up by Panama City Beach...

Is that the "Cabin Fever" thing. If so, that is horrifying.

We're heading back down to UOR in May, and i'd thought it would be cool to meet up with anyone in the area, but you are officially off the list. :p

Is that the "Cabin Fever" thing. If so, that is horrifying.

We're heading back down to UOR in May, and i'd thought it would be cool to meet up with anyone in the area, but you are officially off the list. :p
Flesh eating bacteria, about 25% survival rate. He got married on Hogsmeade bridge 6 months later. One lucky SOB and a great guy

Reactions: Joel
Is anything else not on the list or just the aqua coaster? If that's the only one, makes sense to use tapu tapu for that and then express pass everything else to spend the day not going back and forth to waiting in wave pool.

Shhhhh....don't give away the secrets!

That was exactly my thought. Tapu Tapu the aqua coaster then express the other rides. If it is true that express gets immediate access to the slides (in its own dedicated short line) instead of just a shorter return time via tapu tapu then I think I will definitely upgrade my hotel to include express pass this fall.

First time poster. Ecstatic to find others just as crazed as I am about Universal Orlando/Hollywood. Just wondering about the noise situation Volcano Bay will encounter due to highways/roads. I work as a project manager for a multi-national construction company. We use sound curtains, sound barrier walls, and acoustic foams to dampen noise travel. I was wondering if Universal will implement any of these products to lessen the noise levels in Volcano Bay. I'm sure they can be creative in disguising these unsightly but effective walls/barriers.

First time poster. Ecstatic to find others just as crazed as I am about Universal Orlando/Hollywood. Just wondering about the noise situation Volcano Bay will encounter due to highways/roads. I work as a project manager for a multi-national construction company. We use sound curtains, sound barrier walls, and acoustic foams to dampen noise travel. I was wondering if Universal will implement any of these products to lessen the noise levels in Volcano Bay. I'm sure they can be creative in disguising these unsightly but effective walls/barriers.
Welcome!

I don't have the plans but I could see a 20 ft sound wall along the freeway with a bamboo curtain on the park side along with water sounds and background music. I doubt they can muffle all of it but once I have drink in hand and I am floating the river I really don't care what I hear.

Reactions: Alicia
I think it's important to note it's not really right against I-4 but rather on/off ramps from the resort itself.

Ones which don't tend to get massive amounts of traffic (compared to I-4 itself) nor do they tend to have tractor trailers on them (so no brake noise).

A little further away is I-4, but that's the same noise you get all over the whole resort, hearing a distant siren or something.

Plus, before it closed I visited Wet n Wild and was pretty impressed how well most of the park felt cut off from the world considering its butted up against a couple major roads. VB is even further away from roads and will have more foliage to separate, so I think it'll be just fine.

Welcome to the OU Forums. :cheers: :thumbsup:

My mind is starting to wander on what could be hidden at the top of the volcano. With the tallest slide being 125ft and a total height of 200ft, that leaves plenty for something.

Reactions: Doug A.
Status
Not open for further replies.