Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 391 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try out our brand new water ride, it's to die for.
giphy.gif

As a matter of fact, I have - and there are several things that should have been done by now that they're still working on. Several forum members on here began pointing out these potential delays back in January. It shouldn't be to yours or anyone's surprise if this place doesn't open at 100% on May 25th.
All I've seen posted on here from you since joining is negative posts, so forgive me for not knowing that you know the exact timeline of their construction progress. What I see is the exact opposite, a park that has been testing for months now, clean clear water in nearly every pool. chairs and tables going in. the two damaged drop slides all but repaired. To think that Universal would even want to open a park not 100% operational is ridiculous. Do you really believe Universal would open this park if not 100%? with the 8,000 bloggers and vloggers that will be there, Universal doesn't want negative publicity like Disney is getting with DHS. Universal wouldn't book cabanas if they weren't going to be ready, or if the areas those cabanas and reserved seating are in weren't going to be ready.

Here we go again... don't mistake my honesty for negativity. You have 18 posts on this forum. Please do us all a favor and refer to this thread before posting your 19th. #bye :rolleyes:

Ridding the Toxicity | Page 3 | Orlando United Forums
Ahh I see, so my number of posts means I'm naïve and am not allowed to disagree. For the record, I did not read that thread, if a moderator feels I'm being "toxic" by voicing my opinion just the same as you then I guess that's up to them. Also, you obviously read my post but didn't care to comment on anything in it that pertains to the thread, just shame me for having only 18 posts.

Ahh I see, so my number of posts means I'm naïve and am not allowed to disagree. For the record, I did not read that thread, if a moderator feels I'm being "toxic" by voicing my opinion just the same as you then I guess that's up to them. Also, you obviously read my post but didn't care to comment on anything in it that pertains to the thread, just shame me for having only 18 posts.
Everything is negative just about. Sick of it, and they're very active on here is the worst part. So like once a day you can look forward to something that just makes you roll eyes. Just ignore

All I've seen posted on here from you since joining is negative posts, so forgive me for not knowing that you know the exact timeline of their construction progress. What I see is the exact opposite, a park that has been testing for months now, clean clear water in nearly every pool. chairs and tables going in. the two damaged drop slides all but repaired. To think that Universal would even want to open a park not 100% operational is ridiculous. Do you really believe Universal would open this park if not 100%? with the 8,000 bloggers and vloggers that will be there, Universal doesn't want negative publicity like Disney is getting with DHS. Universal wouldn't book cabanas if they weren't going to be ready, or if the areas those cabanas and reserved seating are in weren't going to be ready.

I think all the rides will be operational but that doesn't mean the park could be 100%. Even if one or two rides are down (As long as it's not a headliner like the water coaster or the drop slides) it will still be a great day out. The last push is always the smallest details and when Universal have invited 8000+ people, they're going to have to open one way or another, even if everything isn't ready.

If Universal have a choice between telling 8000 people to come back later or opening a less than 100% complete park, they're going to open the less than 100% park. Telling 8000 people to re-book flights and hotels is going to leave a much worse taste in their mouth.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter that much. The people going in the early days, should be going in knowing that everything won't be perfect but as long as they have an awesome time, that's all that matters. The people going in a month later for the next 50 years, will get the full experience.

I hope that everything will be ready on time and I think all the major things will be. If they're missing a few trees here and some rock work there, everybody will still be happy.

I'll be there June 22 and I cannot wait! Hopefully all the kinks will be ironed out by then and everything will work smoothly, but you never know! I was at UO last July, only when the Volcano was a steel frame and 50% of its current height and I still thought it looked huge! Going to be such an amazing icon for the resort that can be seen for miles! Big thanks to everyone posting amazing updates on this thread, really gets me excited... and anxious. lol.

Reactions: tielo and Scott W.

Here we go again... don't mistake my honesty for negativity. You have 18 posts on this forum. Please do us all a favor and refer to this thread before posting your 19th. [HASHTAG]#bye[/HASHTAG] :rolleyes:

Ridding the Toxicity | Page 3 | Orlando United Forums

Both of you, chill. First warning. Don't make me get Brian in here while he's on his weekend vacation for his 2nd anniversary.

I'll be there June 22 and I cannot wait! Hopefully all the kinks will be ironed out by then and everything will work smoothly, but you never know! I was at UO last July, only when the Volcano was a steel frame and 50% of its current height and I still thought it looked huge! Going to be such an amazing icon for the resort that can be seen for miles! Big thanks to everyone posting amazing updates on this thread, really gets me excited... and anxious. lol.

I was there in September as the frame was almost topped out and the rock work was started. I don't think the photos here do the volcano justice for just how much it dominates everything around it.

IMG_6843.JPG

That was 23rd September or 225 days ago

I think we need to return to a happier place in this thread of first time wonder and posts like this are a huge help.

In a few weeks, 1000s of people will be travelling to a Universal for the first time in a long time or ever and are going to be in awe of this.

But what if the weight of the tapu tapu causes me to sink to the bottom of the wave pool? These are important questions we must ask.

Reactions: Joel
But what if the weight of the tapu tapu causes me to sink to the bottom of the wave pool? These are important questions we must ask.
Hopefully they've done testing... :look: Lol! Anyone else feel TapuTapu is a temporary fix until they go resort-wide with a cheaper, smaller, and lighter solution?

I'm sure they'll just give it a good clean and pass it over to the next paying customer.

Hopefully they remember to wipe your credit card details or that could be a step too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.