Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 419 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on the type of concrete, maybe a few hours. I've heard of construction crews having to put ice on concrete to keep it from setting too quickly, although hopefully it isn't that warm at the site.

I think we are heading towards a Sapphire Falls planting trees the night before kind of situation. Damn Universal cuts it close with openings. Looking forward to watching the final haul in the next 9 days:popcorn:

Reactions: 12th Man
So the CNN article mentioned that being able to use your wristband to buy drinks and um other stuff? Won't be ready at opening. That's too bad.

Depending on the type of concrete, maybe a few hours. I've heard of construction crews having to put ice on concrete to keep it from setting too quickly, although hopefully it isn't that warm at the site.

Thanks, when I stayed at SFR for HHN, I saw a ton of crew pouring a floor or roof at the CBBR new tower at around 4:30 or 5 am, I think overnight is the only way to beat the FL heat....

LOVE this shot! :love:
Universals-Volcano-Bay-First-Look_12-1170x731.jpg

The volcano needs actual plants and plams on it. Looks a little bare.

So the CNN article mentioned that being able to use your wristband to buy drinks and um other stuff? Won't be ready at opening. That's too bad.
I thought that is what it said at first but on a re-read it sounds like they are talking about the roll out to other areas will be in the future. At least to me. I think VB was designed with this in mind so it didn't have to be retrofit.

Parts of a water slide were still laying on the ground next to one attraction. One worker was seen tearing up the floor of what appeared to be a lazy river attraction.

Universal responded to Channel 9’s questions about the park not being fully ready to open in a statement that said, "The vision for Volcano Bay is ambitious. We are creating an entire theme park unlike any other. Our plan is to deliver a great experience for our guests on May 25 – and we feel great about doing so."

In an earlier email, a spokesperson said, “The entire park will be open on the 24th exclusively to media – rides, restaurants, everything.”

The work in progress has captured the attention of theme park bloggers, with some posting pictures online with captions like: “Seems like the flagship attraction won’t even be ready on time.”

“Given all the marketing money they put behind this already, and given just how huge the competition between Universal and Disney has been this year, I don’t see Universal possibly delaying that opening day, whatsoever,”

Been away from here for over a week so loads of pages to catch up on and wow its hilarious to see what some of the everyday regulars here write, its like some have been watching a different project with some things they say :lol:

Unrelated to the above, but regarding the blue slides conversations quoted below:

Yeah, that has to be a temp fix to get the show opened... they will have to engineer a better curved piece in there. It appears perhaps they couldn't do the really high slide woosh because it was bumping into that area? I feel confident about the drop slides, but not so much about this one being ready.

You got botched right Scott!

Looks like a raft got too close to the side of that wall for comfort so they've expanded it to give a higher bank there.

I think I liked this same article in another thread. I've been watching the pictures, but have not read much of the PR, now it looks like I will be at UOR in June, so that article was a good starting point.

My take on the big swoosh slide thing, who knows what the slide part (inside) looks like?

My guess is UNI thrill level pushed a little too far, like someone said maybe a raft went too high up the wall?

This park was designed before the incident at some water park was it not? I know at WnW, we were weighed a few times before the raft rides based on who we would be riding with. Maybe they wanted a bigger safety net, I just say this because I recall early reports sounded like they did not have enough weight in that raft were that water park had a tragedy....so all guessing on my part.

One of the very first testing videos shows the edge of the raft appearing over the edge of the slide, I pointed this out after watching it at the time but no one on here said a word about it which was quite surprising considering how obvious it was that it was coming so high over the edge. It explains why they have been extensively testing this slide more than the others. Amazed at the surprise of modification some have shown considering the clues we have been getting for ages they have not been happy about the test results.

Reactions: 12th Man and Teebin
Status
Not open for further replies.