Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 421 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they pump up the music in those cabanas. Not very relaxing being 6 ft from a road. Especially if you are paying a premium to sit there.

Those cabanas look way too close to the road.
Universal responded to Channel 9’s questions about the park not being fully ready to open in a statement that said, "The vision for Volcano Bay is ambitious. We are creating an entire theme park unlike any other. Our plan is to deliver a great experience for our guests on May 25 – and we feel great about doing so."
This sounds like spin. Yes they'll be delivering a great experience, but it doesn't deny everything not being fully ready.

Reactions: SeventyOne
that actually makes me nervous...I hope those GPS maps get updated quickly. People tend to follow their GPS off bridges sometimes.

Those cabanas look way too close to the road.

I hope they pump up the music in those cabanas. Not very relaxing being 6 ft from a road. Especially if you are paying a premium to sit there.

That is an illusion of a zoom lens. I would judge that those cabanas are actually 60'-100' from the road if not more. Remember that there is a service road that surrounds the entire park. That has to be at least 40' feet wide.

@Miketheboss made it to the news again at channel 9, they quoted your post where you said the flagship attraction would not be ready. I have to say, theme park rumor and enthusiast sites getting in the news like that is kind of cool.

Personally, since CNN had that press preview thing, I doubt Universal is worried about it, a lot can be accomplished in a week, and since it is a waterpark, well, there is less chance of technological hiccups.

Reactions: Miketheboss
@Miketheboss made it to the news again at channel 9, they quoted your post where you said the flagship attraction would not be ready. I have to say, theme park rumor and enthusiast sites getting in the news like that is kind of cool.

Personally, since CNN had that press preview thing, I doubt Universal is worried about it, a lot can be accomplished in a week, and since it is a waterpark, well, there is less chance of technological hiccups.

Greeeeeat.

I don't either. Think it wasn't loaded by @12th Man
Nothing too exciting, but here it is!
34335880470_2d31feba84_b.jpg

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'll be in Orlando opening weekend but my friends don't wanna go as they don't think it'll be ready. Feels like a slap in the face for me to go to Aquatica or Typhoon Lagoon when Universal just opened up a brand new park!

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.