Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 438 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best thing everyone can do right now is completely panic.
They need to decide what is most important to attempt to finish in the days they have left and leave the rest. Because there's way to much to do and impossible time to finish.

I think those stairs up to the drop slide is a 24/7 job if they're tweeting you'll be able to ride that in 5 days. There's no way that'll be ready and fully tested in 5 days right now.

We are just having fun talking about how far behind they might be as there is NOTHING else to talk about except some 2-bit hotels they might build. So let some of us rant and rave while others state that it is all normal and they can have it ready in no-time... which is a good thing because, practically no-time is what they have right now. ;)
So then how about giving us some tidbits about future Universal projects so we have something to talk about. ;) I know you're holding out on some good info. :lol:

Reactions: Joel and Ryan O
Line seems a little lengthy for the green slide. Do we know if they are using TapuTapu for the mock or is this just a standby line?

Lol that line is what, barely a level below the main slide platform? I wouldn't consider it lengthy/its maybe a 10 minute wait. Its testing period. I think everyone is getting a little too critical here. Give it some time / wait till the general public is in the park.

Reactions: Andysol
I don't know. No waterpark I've ever been to has had them.

I had no idea. But is there a scale?
There's usually a square or colored shape you're told to stand in when you're next to go. The attendant looks at a weight readout or green light in some cases to make sure you pass. The square you stand on before the slide is the scale.

At Wet n Wild it was especially important for all multi person rides. If your group exceeds the total weight limit the attendant will swap out people with others in line to get the total under the correct weight.

I've only ever been turned away from the black hole myself. And technically we could've waited until single riders came so we could ride with them instead of each other, but we didn't feel like waiting.

It's common at all water parks, it's just not something you notice. Just looks like the floor, with seams hidden by a red square or design. But you'll see fine print in the ride restrictions at the entrance to each slide that says individual weight limit or total weight limit per raft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.