Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 464 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd but it seems like the park has the budget gradient of a cheesy carnival dark ride. The area before you even go into the park is stunningly detailed. I can't believe guests haven't even paid yet when they are walking thru the meticulously crafted tunnel from the bus stop. You get in and your first impression is the front of the volcano and it's beautiful. Then the further in you go the theming becomes more and more cheap. Exposed steel, etc. It just seems odd the way Universal allocated so much budget and detail work in a very uneven fashion. But that's Universal for ya!

It's odd but it seems like the park has the budget gradient of a cheesy carnival dark ride. The area before you even go into the park is stunningly detailed. I can't believe guests haven't even paid yet when they are walking thru the meticulously crafted tunnel from the bus stop. You get in and your first impression is the front of the volcano and it's beautiful. Then the further in you go the theming becomes more and more cheap. Exposed steel, etc. It just seems odd the way Universal allocated so much budget and detail work in a very uneven fashion. But that's Universal for ya!
Alright buddy

I see fun. Not cheap. But to each their own. The statues of animals and tikis everywhere, even in the back, are of the highest theming quality I've seen. These statues are looking better than the Adventureland tikis!

please provide examples of your ridiculous opinion.

Poor little guy... he's lost.

Here ya go little buddy, I'll point you in the right direction...
The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

This is even amazing man come on..steel is being worked on but damn!! I'm in love with this!!!!!!!

Even Walt got his UO pass ready for Volcano Bay.
DAmuVCdW0AE9Zho.jpg

I'm getting so excited to see Volcano Bay in September.

As an AP holder I was on the fence about going but seeing the pics today has changed my mind...still hoping for a good aph fall discount though.

I assume all of us are at over 48" but at least the little ones get an really awesome area. Here is a closer look

I've never been to a water park or area that has a maximum height requirement where they don't let you go up there with your little one and help them play and get on slides. They also let siblings on if they are helping as well.

I'm fairly certain this will be the same. So I'll be on this for sure- it looks incredible :D

I'm getting so excited to see Volcano Bay in September.

As an AP holder I was on the fence about going but seeing the pics today has changed my mind...still hoping for a good aph fall discount though.
At the very least- you get the buy one get one half off dining pass to eat that awesome looking food. Take solice in that :)

I'll be there Sept 7-10 if anyone wants to meet up

Reactions: Darksider
I'm really impressed by the details. I want to know how the cabanas near the highway are like, their sights and sounds. I'm still skeptical of Tapu Tapu (little to no waits) so I can't wait to see how that works out. The back of the mountain seems like a cop out but it is what it is. Any pictures of the caves?

I'm really impressed by the details. The back of the mountain seems like a cop out but it is what it is. Any pictures of the caves?
No pics of cave yet.

Mike- I agree that the back doesn't look great- it's not terrible- but certainly not amazing. But look at every single pic of the back that doesn't look good (not the perfect one Fox took that makes it look amazing). In every single one of those pics, there are palm trees that will block it out from every angle within the next 2 years and have only the colors of those slides peaking through the leaves. I think it's going to look freaking awesome in 2 years once everything fills in- like a Skull Island look.

Reactions: Miketheboss
No pics of cave yet.

Mike- I agree that the back doesn't look great- it's not terrible- but certainly not amazing. But look at every single pic of the back that doesn't look good (not the perfect one Fox took that makes it look amazing). In every single one of those pics, there are palm trees that will block it out from every angle within the next 2 years and have only the colors of those slides peaking through the leaves. I think it's going to look freaking awesome in 2 years once everything fills in- like a Skull Island look.

While I think the back looks atrocious right now, I hope you're right. I think once the stairs are finished and more blended in it will help alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.