Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a torrent river wave creator I see in the first photo of the second tweet? AKA lazy river with a wave machine? The size of walls they are building also implies the waves as well. I hope so, those are really fun rivers and are not very 'lazy'.

Reactions: Mike S
Is that a torrent river wave creator I see in the first photo of the second tweet? AKA lazy river with a wave machine? The size of walls they are building also implies the waves as well. I hope so, those are really fun rivers and are not very 'lazy'.

Although I have never known which one is fast and which one is slow... if that is the fast river, then it is also the freezey cold river as it is headed for the volcano interior. Count your blessings that it is fast! I have wondered if the structures near the volcano and possible entrance were chillers.

It does look that way but it's hard for me to determine how tall the walls are from the perspective. They look to be the same height as the rest of the rivers back wall. Once more is built you'll be able to tell. That building will definitely be adding water to the river most likely creating waves if done in burst like other wave creators.

VB's will both be about 1/4 of a mile or 1500', I kinda sorta think. How long are other rivers?

The only info I can find on Aquatica's lazy rivers says the Loggerhead Lane river is about 1200 feet long and a comment that the other river is a little longer.

I know. I've been there. Aquatica overall doesn't do anything for me though, and I'm hoping Uni's rivers have better/more theming

Out of curiosity, what do you think put you off Aquatica? I left completely underwhelemed and I've never been back but everybody I've spoke to loved it and I can't think of a single reason why I didn't.

Out of curiosity, what do you think put you off Aquatica? I left completely underwhelemed and I've never been back but everybody I've spoke to loved it and I can't think of a single reason why I didn't.

I think it was the theming, for me. It felt just kind of barren. It's definitely not a bad park in any sense, but if I'm going to a water park it's going to be one of Disney's (or VB once it opens).

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
I think it was the theming, for me. It felt just kind of barren. It's definitely not a bad park in any sense, but if I'm going to a water park it's going to be one of Disney's (or VB once it opens).

I completely see where you're coming from. I also found it to be quite poorly laid out. I think in my mind I had hyped it up far too much and was going to be disappointed regardless.

On the other hand, I had the lowest expectation for Wet n Wild in 2013 when I went, hadn't been in years and always remembered it being in bad shape and I surprisingly had a great time.

My main beef with Aquatica is the life jacket requirement. A lot of rides and places require a life jacket for 48" and under. When my daughter was going thru ISR swim lessons we couldn't go because you are not allowed to use flotation devices while doing lessons. Even after lessons they don't want you using flotation devices for long periods of time. So now my daughter really dislikes wearing a life jacket since she really never wore any kind of flotation device. We are going to try again this summer and try a puddle jumper and hope and pray she still fits in it. They say they don't except them, but I have been told by multiple families they do because legally they are a life preserver.

I wish they had a small pool that they did swim tests and if your child can swim across the pool you get a band that says you don't need a life preserver. I am REALLY hoping Uni doesn't follow Aquatica's lead and do what Disney does, which it is parent's choice.

My main beef with Aquatica is the life jacket requirement. A lot of rides and places require a life jacket for 48" and under. When my daughter was going thru ISR swim lessons we couldn't go because you are not allowed to use flotation devices while doing lessons. Even after lessons they don't want you using flotation devices for long periods of time. So now my daughter really dislikes wearing a life jacket since she really never wore any kind of flotation device. We are going to try again this summer and try a puddle jumper and hope and pray she still fits in it. They say they don't except them, but I have been told by multiple families they do because legally they are a life preserver.

I wish they had a small pool that they did swim tests and if your child can swim across the pool you get a band that says you don't need a life preserver. I am REALLY hoping Uni doesn't follow Aquatica's lead and do what Disney does, which it is parent's choice.

We ran into the same thing at Aquatica a few years back when our oldest was younger, even playing in the splash castle thing they required it and at that point she wasn't having it all wearing it and just made for a rough day. Ended up playing in the sand and edge of the wave pool most of that day. As for VB id assume they would have the same rules that W&W does now for the kids and life jackets, which I have no idea what that is lol

We ran into the same thing at Aquatica a few years back when our oldest was younger, even playing in the splash castle thing they required it and at that point she wasn't having it all wearing it and just made for a rough day. Ended up playing in the sand and edge of the wave pool most of that day. As for VB id assume they would have the same rules that W&W does now for the kids and life jackets, which I have no idea what that is lol

I fought them when she was 3 when it came to the parts that are marked preferred and not required. I did my research in advance and pointed out their own policies because I talked to my swim instructor beforehand. The life guards tried to give me crap and I stated she is in ISR training and I won't have her in a life jacket unless required by the park. At that point they left me alone because being in Florida they probably know what that is. She is taller now and some things she is tall enough for require it and others don't. So I will make sure when I go this summer I do the same research so I know what I can fight on and what I can't. Now it is less about her training and more about her not liking them. At this point she knows how to swim, so the whole issue with floats is a mute point.

My 1 year old will be starting training at the end of March for 8 weeks, so it should be interesting because the two kids areas do not require it, only recommend it. I don't plan on having her in a life vest as water slides are awesome training methods for ISR. Because they have to find their surroundings once they hit the water, find mommy and daddy, and get to them. My instructor encouraged us to use water slides when doing outside stuff because it is very similar to falling into a pool. Where it disorients them at first, but you are always within an arms reach if there is an issue. The big thing with floats is they make a child be upright, but when learning how to swim that is the worst position you can be in. If a child defaults to an upright position without a float on they will drown. So if they are always in floats and they fall in, they will default to that upright position instead of getting into a proper floating position. So when learning ISR they don't want a kid to ever be confused about what position they should be in since they are so young and very easy to confuse.

WnW requires all children 48" and under to wear a life jacket for 3 areas: wave pool, lazy river, and the Mach 5 roped-off area. Not for Blastaway Beach, the kiddie pool area. :)

Reactions: Hockeyman55
WnW requires all children 48" and under to wear a life jacket for 3 areas: wave pool, lazy river, and the Mach 5 roped-off area. Not for Blastaway Beach, the kiddie pool area. :)

Sorry sounds like they have similar requirements as aquatica. Maybe that will change when moving to Volcano Bay. How about the slides at WNW, those that you don't need to be 48" to go on? Aquatica is a mixed bag, some require it others dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.