Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sold on what they are labling it. It does in fact sound like, "theme park within a theme park" to me.

The only thing that sounds as if it could be theme park like is the raft ride through the volcano if it is loaded with themed sculpture and maybe a few animated robot animals or natives. I don't know that it will be but I have been told that it "looks cool".

Other than the hydromagnetic water coaster, I haven't seen any water attraction listing that would trump one of the Disney water parks. And those are wildly highly themed.

Highlighting on this statement
To put it bluntly, Universal's Volcano Bay isn't just going to be concrete and slides. When they're finished building Universal Orlando's third park, this will be a lush, tropical setting where -- yes -- there will be thrilling attractions for the entire family. But at the same time, guests will also be able to have these moments where they can stop & relax & really feel like they're in that island environment. What Universal Orlando is trying to do with Volcano Bay is very different from what anyone else in the themed entertainment business has ever done with a water park before. It'll be an entirely new experience.

What are things water parks haven't done so far?
1. Shows... theme parks have shows. No water parks have real shows.
2. Parades.....0% of water parks have parades; Theme parks do
3. Themed queues...can be argued not even Disney water parks have truly themed queues
4. Unique dining experiences...no water park has unique dining, however theme parks do.

Its really not hard for them to market this as a theme park later on.

Highlighting on this statement

What are things water parks haven't done so far?
1. Shows... theme parks have shows. No water parks have real shows.
2. Parades.....0% of water parks have parades; Theme parks do
3. Themed queues...can be argued not even Disney water parks have truly themed queues
4. Unique dining experiences...no water park has unique dining, however theme parks do.

Its really not hard for them to market this as a theme park later on.
- Eh, if i'm at a water park, I don't really want to see a show. Maybe a side show type thing like they do in diagon? That'd be the only thing that would work imo.
- Parades? First of all, there would need to be a distinct path to follow. If there is one, then i'd say that if they are to have a parade, it should only be a nighttime parade. It'd actually be pretty cool to lay on the beach and wach a electrical parade.
- Agreed
- Agreed again. I think they will go really far to offer unique dining experiences and specialty beverages, along with a Tiki bar, similar to Trader Sam's.

Shows and themed queues are what I think are gonna be major draws to this park. The concept art is gorgeous, always a fan of tasteful tiki designs and universal delivered perfectly with a unique kinda flair to it. Dining at a waterpark is never really gonna be a thing, not only are people still cautious over the "hour rule" but imagining a sit down resturant with everybody there in their bathing suits is just hilarious to me. Whatever happens happens I guess, bars and counter service are the ways to go here. Also I'm dying for info on their take on the lazy river, most exciting part of this project for me

So what I take from this (if i'm right) is basically what I thought: they're going to add Uniquely Universal theme park methods and experiences (themed food/bev/merch/possible express or other upcharge experiences) alongside what will be an amazingly themed water park.

If that's right then sounds awesome. Should definitely be the best themed water park in the US. :cheers:
I don't think that is really what they are talking about. I don't think F&B and Retail is going to be a major factor here. Aside from possibly a cool tiki bar and the standard bathing suit/sunscreen/sunglasses/beach towel variety and park souvenirs mercy.

What I believe they are talking about is immersive themeing and experience creation. Take for example the lazy river going into the volcano. I bet something interesting will happen in there. Even if it is just lighting effects, something will happen.

I don't think that is really what they are talking about. I don't think F&B and Retail is going to be a major factor here. Aside from possibly a cool tiki bar and the standard bathing suit/sunscreen/sunglasses/beach towel variety and park souvenirs mercy.

What I believe they are talking about is immersive themeing and experience creation. Take for example the lazy river going into the volcano. I bet something interesting will happen in there. Even if it is just lighting effects, something will happen.
Ahh, I see. I still don't see how things like that are enough to try and pass it of as a hybrid park, but i'll wait to hopefully be proven wrong. I'm sort of picturing some interactive elements in some way. Just a feeling, seeing how successful the wand experience is in Diagon.

I have figured out that this announcement wasn't really trending on twitter at all. Both VB and CC were generated trends inserted by twitter because some of us follow persons who were talking about it. Either one was only in the low hundreds or low thousands... while all the other trends were in tens of thousands.

So neither were truly trending on twitter world today.

I am just hoping for a real grog grotto. Envision if you will, a slightly secluded tropical area with a small tiki hut, a big guy with a ukalele, and a 25 person bubbling lava spring right at the base of the volcano.

Go play kids, I'll be right here.

I have figured out that this announcement wasn't really trending on twitter at all. Both VB and CC were generated trends inserted by twitter because some of us follow persons who were talking about it. Either one was only in the low hundreds or low thousands... while all the other trends were in tens of thousands.

So neither were truly trending on twitter world today.

I have tailored trends turned off on my twitter and it was still trending.

I am just hoping for a real grog grotto. Envision if you will, a slightly secluded tropical area with a small tiki hut, a big guy with a ukalele, and a 25 person bubbling lava spring right at the base of the volcano.

Go play kids, I'll be right here.
I'm definitely expecting something like this. I can't imagine they wouldn't go for such an obvious cash cow.

I'll be very interested in how they add this to AP options. They are supposedly considering this a hybrid theme park, yet I highly doubt you'll get into this park with an AP unless you have Premiere.

I don't know how it's even possible for Universal to still "WOW" me at this point, but that artwork looks incredible.

Also, what a month to be a Universal fan. Kong, Jack, Volcano Bay, Raptor Encounter.. Universal is breaking the internet!

10906360_1659892230905534_7258833216815167940_n.jpg

I don't know how it's even possible for Universal to still "WOW" me at this point, but that artwork looks incredible.

Also, what a month to be a Universal fan. Kong, Jack, Volcano Bay, Raptor Encounter.. Universal is breaking the internet!

10906360_1659892230905534_7258833216815167940_n.jpg
*Breaking the Theme Park Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.