Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad they already have expansion plans. Last thing we need is for them to pull a Disney and open the waterpark and think its good enough without any additions for twenty or more years!

Who cares that their two parks are the most visited in the US...the fact that they've only added one attraction to Typhoon Lagoon in 27 years is a total spit-in-the-face to the guests who spend their money there.

Those parks could and should be some of the biggest and baddest parks in the world. Sure they're well themed, but lacking in rides and newer innovations.

Those parks are still very nice, but you are right they need to get ready to update them because more intense competition is coming.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Glad they already have expansion plans. Last thing we need is for them to pull a Disney and open the waterpark and think its good enough without any additions for twenty or more years!

Who cares that their two parks are the most visited in the US...the fact that they've only added one attraction to Typhoon Lagoon in 27 years is a total spit-in-the-face to the guests who spend their money there.

Those parks could and should be some of the biggest and baddest parks in the world. Sure they're well themed, but lacking in rides and newer innovations.

And suddenly, Disney files expansion plans for Typhoon Lagoon. Hmmm. Coincidence?

Disney fans :ears: should stage a love in celebration for Comcast/Universal. Thank them for Avatar, Star Wars, Star Wars Celebration, Toy Story Land, Frozen, AKL Night stuff, Disney Springs, Typhoon Lagoon Slide and more.
While you are certainly right on pretty much all of that, Disney didn't own Star Wars when SW Celebration started.

The construction of this has me a little bewildered. Why are the slides so brightly colored if this is supposed to be sold as a "water theme park"? Blizzard Beach, for example, is very deliberate in its theme. There are no slides that aren't colored white or a very soft blue, aside from the family raft slide which is themed as if it has a wooden structure underneath. Looking back to construction photos, all the slides were either built into the rockwork or featured the same color that it has today.

I'm very sure there are many things about it that will match that quality, but the bizarre eceletic color choices for the slides is really putting me off right now and I'm struggling to think on how they are going to fit them in thematically.

It's funny because I'm only saying that due to UC's big bold claim that this is the first-ever "water theme park". Feeling like a pretty cocky statement at the current moment, so I am praying that I'm surprised when its finished.

Haha....yeah Disney execs read my post and they suddenly realized they may lose some market share and hype next year to Universal. ;)

I hear there are plans for an addition to Blizzard Beach in the near future too...

I cannot believe these times have come. I never thought I would see Disney react to Universal in such a major way. Yet I continue to see Comcast say, "You have no power here, be off!". It's quite funny really.

I cannot believe these times have come. I never thought I would see Disney react to Universal in such a major way. Yet I continue to see Comcast say, "You have no power here, be off!". It's quite funny really.
It's not really major. Slides like this are incredibly cheap and quick to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.