Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness, you are something tonight NBT. I was speaking parks wide, all builds and attractions. Just happened to be this thread that I saw it fitting at the moment.
Well you didn't really specify that...

Contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
No, I was stating what I thought was truth. Turns out I got Teebins statement wrong, but ok.

The construction of this has me a little bewildered. Why are the slides so brightly colored if this is supposed to be sold as a "water theme park"? Blizzard Beach, for example, is very deliberate in its theme. There are no slides that aren't colored white or a very soft blue, aside from the family raft slide which is themed as if it has a wooden structure underneath. Looking back to construction photos, all the slides were either built into the rockwork or featured the same color that it has today.

I'm very sure there are many things about it that will match that quality, but the bizarre eceletic color choices for the slides is really putting me off right now and I'm struggling to think on how they are going to fit them in thematically.

It's funny because I'm only saying that due to UC's big bold claim that this is the first-ever "water theme park". Feeling like a pretty cocky statement at the current moment, so I am praying that I'm surprised when its finished.

Unless they do some real differentiation, I'd ignore the "water theme park" tagline. It'd be cool if there were an actual water ride or two, like a true water coaster like Journey to Atlantis in San Diego or the Roller Soaker that Hershey Park used to have and something like River Battle in Dollywood for families. Otherwise.. so far, it just looks like a water park. :lol:

Reactions: Ryan and Cheezbat
It's just kind of disappointing that they aren't going full out seemingly, especially with Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon just up the street. Ah well...
VB is at a disadvantage to begin with seeing as it has I-4 backing up to it. Based on the way they set expectations, i'll be disappointed if the quality of the theming isn't as good or better than TL/BB. Again, that's simply based on where they set expectations.

Last edited:
VB is at a disadvantage to begin with seeing as it has I-4 backing up to it. Based on the way they set expectations, i'll be disappointed if the quality of the theming is as good or better than TL/BB. Again, that's simply based on where they set expectations.

The bar has been set pretty high here. I do feel as if this is the first park/attraction where there is a sense of competition. Everything that gets built at Universal will always be compared to Disney and vice versa by the fans but this feels a little more direct by Universal.

Reactions: Mike S
The park isn't even done yet so there is nothing to be disappointed about yet. Just like with everyone thinking KONG was going to be a rehash of Hollywood and it turned out not to be...lets just wait for the things to start leaking.

Oh really...any idea what type? And just one?

Typhoon needs more. It only has 12 big slides. (3 Crush N Gusher, 3 Storm, 3 Humunga Cowabunga, 2 innertube, 1 family raft)
While Typhoon is the most beautiful and most relaxed, it was at best 4 hour - 6 hour park. But most Water parks re, except Typhoon is Disney! There should be more!

Haha....yeah Disney execs read my post and they suddenly realized they may lose some market share and hype next year to Universal. ;)

I hear there are plans for an addition to Blizzard Beach in the near future too...
What would be funny is if When Disney gets ready to open their addition to Typhoon, Universal announced Volcano Bay expansion .

Reactions: Cheezbat
While Typhoon is the most beautiful and most relaxed, it was at best 4 hour - 6 hour park. But most Water parks re, except Typhoon is Disney! There should be more!

I agree with this. This is why I did BB and TL on the same day. Your ticket gets you into both parks. We did no "relaxing" though. Just a little in a lazy river. My daughter is not really at the relax by water age yet. So I can see someone staying and doing just one park if they add in wave pool and relaxing time.

Reactions: Disneyhead
The park isn't even done yet so there is nothing to be disappointed about yet. Just like with everyone thinking KONG was going to be a rehash of Hollywood and it turned out not to be...lets just wait for the things to start leaking.

All I'm going to say is that I compared pics of Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach construction with VB construction and the slide construction itself is much complex in the formers. I am curious when Universal will put out a much more in-depth press release on the park. It has to be soon, yes?

Reactions: Cheezbat
Status
Not open for further replies.