Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I mean, I think I speak for all of us when I say what the **** is going on in Orlando this week?! Jesus.

The entire UO executive team is probably still scrambling to figure out how to react to the mass shooting (from a PR angle), and then they get a call that the VB slides are on fire?

Found just outside the yard.

BW8FEAr.jpg

Do they glue and then bolt those things together? How do they seal the gaps?

On the Siam Park making of tv show, they showed the parts first being glued together (it is done with tubes, similar to the cauking on your window). Then, they bolt them together and install long sections on the slide. Once all that is done, they buff and wax the riding surface to make it smooth.

Funnily, Proslide recommends using a car buffer and applying car wax every month of operation after to keep the slide smooth.

On the subject of slide replacement after the fire, my concern is with how busy Proslide manufacturing is. When will they be able to slot them in?

On the Siam Park making of tv show, they showed the parts first being glued together (it is done with tubes, similar to the cauking on your window). Then, they bolt them together and install long sections on the slide. Once all that is done, they buff and wax the riding surface to make it smooth.

BTW, thanks for the sealant info! (that was me trying to figure out what may have caused the fire)

Reactions: anihilnation
On the subject of slide replacement after the fire, my concern is with how busy Proslide manufacturing is. When will they be able to slot them in?

With as big as this project is and as many millions of dollars Universal is paying Proslide, you can guarantee they'll make the replacements a priority for Universal.

Proslide is already a premier manufacturer. This project just makes them look that much better.

Reactions: Mike S
With as big as this project is and as many millions of dollars Universal is paying Proslide, you can guarantee they'll make the replacements a priority for Universal.

Proslide is already a premier manufacturer. This project just makes them look that much better.

Also they have insurance for these types of things so it shouldn't be a big financial burden either.

Reactions: Cheezbat and Mike S
I hope those were slide pieces and not the volcano skin. The slide should be easy to replace.

:eek: I hadn't thought of that!! I've seen several aerial pictures of the lot now with all the burnt pieces and come to think of it, I do see a lot of slide pieces but I don't see the volcano rock work skin pieces anymore like we saw before. Were they stored in the same lot?? That may really put them behind schedule

:eek: I hadn't thought of that!! I've seen several aerial pictures of the lot now with all the burnt pieces and come to think of it, I do see a lot of slide pieces but I don't see the volcano rock work skin pieces anymore like we saw before. Were they stored in the same lot?? That may really put them behind schedule

I don't think they moved them to that site and it looked like they had metal frames (custom made) on each so unless there are a bunch of metal frames under the melted plastic they should be easy to replace

I wonder if they'll move all of the slide pieces to a soundstage now.
You'd think they'd want to just to be assured something like this doesn't happen again.

I'm curious as to which rides will be affected...which slide pieces were damaged....anybody have an older aerial showing the slide pieces there before the fire?

Ugh, this is unfortunate. But the important thing is, nobody was injured.

Just a guess, but I wonder if they're going to move the remainder of the slide pieces over soon? The park hours change again on 6/18, to where WnW will be open until 9:00 PM - peak season. Usually around that time TM parking changes occur - in the past, they have used the current VB slide storage area for guest & TM parking during that time.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Ugh, this is unfortunate. But the important thing is, nobody was injured.

Just a guess, but I wonder if they're going to move the remainder of the slide pieces over soon? The park hours change again on 6/18, to where WnW will be open until 9:00 PM - peak season. Usually around that time TM parking changes occur - in the past, they have used the current VB slide storage area for guest & TM parking during that time.
Well where would they move them? Arent all the rest of the staging areas being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.