Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, it becomes an angle of view kinda thing. A bunch of 20' trees 50' away will hide a 3 story garage 200' away. That is how they will also hide the I-4 exit ramp from all walking the grounds.

I'm also curious how they will hide the sound from the I4. I think the lazy river passes by relatively close to the on ramp from Cabana Bay.

Music, rushing water and screams should make traffic sounds vanish.

Reactions: Mad Dog
To be honest, it becomes an angle of view kinda thing. A bunch of 20' trees 50' away will hide a 3 story garage 200' away. That is how they will also hide the I-4 exit ramp from all walking the grounds.

Music, rushing water and screams should make traffic sounds vanish.

The bit I thought was part of the lazy river was a path. Everything looks far enough away to not be an issue.

WHAT ARE YOU ALL GOING ON ABOUT 'SHOW SCENES' - I honestly can't even picture what you are all going on about shows in tunnels and every little crack and crevice in this volcano haha. Are we going to stop on the slide and watch a short show on a screen then carry on or something??? any kind of video to explain where this has been done and to give me an idea or are you simply talking about special effects?

Nice to see the progress of both rivers, the tunnel for the lazy river I believe passes under the kids area and it is also shown in the concept video where there is a water fall as you exit/enter the tunnel. Can't wait to see the rapids river start to enter the volcano. Think I marked out where I think it will enter/exit a few pages back but I am still going with it passing between the two water coaster drops between the volcano and the water coaster station.

I don't think anybody is expecting show scenes per se. Somebody posted a video of a water slide with some great theming throughout. You're not stopping at any point but there is enough to see to add something new to the experience. The other ideas that were thrown about were projecting images onto mist screens.

I wonder when they will announce ticket pricing?

Many folks will start planning their 2017 Summer vacations in the next few months. Do you think we'll see some sort of a new multi-day/multi-park combo ticket option before the end of the year?

A lot of UK people will have already booked for next year (including myself which is why I hope its open before May 19th when I come home), especially with the pound falling in value against the dollar.

May even see a decline in UK tourist over the next few years with the pound seemingly set to fall even more to around $1.1USD to the pound!

I don't think anybody is expecting show scenes per se. Somebody posted a video of a water slide with some great theming throughout. You're not stopping at any point but there is enough to see to add something new to the experience. The other ideas that were thrown about were projecting images onto mist screens.

Ha I also didn't expect the ride to stop, that was more sarcasm than anything! I just don't get the term show scene or what I am supposed to expect from that term.

Ha I also didn't expect the ride to stop, that was more sarcasm than anything! I just don't get the term show scene or what I am supposed to expect from that term.

I think people have an idea and the problem is, the only thing we can compare it to is a theme park attraction. I'd say compare it to a coaster, something along the lines of Mummy or RNRC. Blink and you'll probably miss it.

I could see a dome screen type deal in the tunnels for the lazy rivers. Not sure if thats a good idea because people stopping and blocking things up. They also might be able to treat a water coaster like an impulse coaster and somewhere in the volcano get to an uphill spot where it stops you, does a quick scene, then the jets shoot you back out. Other than that though, it would probably just have to be lighting packages for the slides.

I think one interesting question for me that I am sure I have never seen on here is how will the inside look in comparison to the outside? Will it have the same sort of finish like the rock work meaning they need to also cover the inside with the huge jigsaw puzzle currently going on the outside? presume they wont just leave it as steel frame? I have really enjoyed watching the progress up to now, I thin the next thing I look forward to the most is seeing the landscaping progress.

May even see a decline in UK tourist over the next few years with the pound seemingly set to fall even more to around $1.1USD to the pound!

I don't see it being a huge problem until the cost of flights increases, you can make concessions in the level of hotel, and amount of spending money to a point.

I've already read that US guests have found that WDW Packages can be cheaper for them through the UK site though.

Status
Not open for further replies.