Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be used to leverage people to stay on property and stay longer. I believe I said this was what was going to happen months ago when this discussion first began. They are selling VB as a premium experience and it will be priced that way.

Yes it is very pricey. But I suppose it would depend on if you were going during that first month or two with huge crowds and willing to pay whatever it took to see everything without a huge wait. I doubt I will do that, because I can wait and add on to my annual pass and go back and see it over and over if I want. I noticed it looked like the hotels didn't have any discounts around that time either. Some people are going to be paying big bucks to be the first to see Volcano Bay.

Hmm, here's something very interesting that I found. 3-park ticket bundles that include unlimited express passes for all 3 parks including skipping the virtual lines at Volcano Bay....

express_unlimited_bundle_withparks_tcm13-49412.jpg

Bundle with either 2-Park or 3-Park tickets and get park-to-park admission each day you visit. Plus, use Universal Express Unlimited™ to skip the regular lines at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure, and skip the Virtual Line™ experience at Universal’s Volcano Bay. Use it again and again at most rides and attractions.
2-Park-ParktoPark_tcm13-60233.jpg

For Florida Resident bundled pricing, click here.

3-Park-ParktoPark_tcm13-60234.jpg

check_mark_tcm13-23028_tcm13-28949.jpg
Choose from 2-Park or 3-Park Park-to-Park tickets
Get park-to-park admission each day you visit
Get Universal Express Unlimited™, available at most rides and attractions
Skip the regular lines at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure
Skip the Virtual Line™ experience at Universal’s Volcano Bay

Wow a $220 difference just to add VB? That's pricey for a water park.

Just a thought, but with everyone in the virtual queue (i.e. Not in a physical line), won't it just make the pools, lazy river, bars, beach, etc more crowded?

Just a thought, but with everyone in the virtual queue (i.e. Not in a physical line), won't it just make the pools, lazy river, bars, beach, etc more crowded?

Probably. But the uni blog does say "no more waiting in long lines" instead of "no more waiting in lines". So not everyone will be queuing virtually. There will be lines to wait in. But presumably, they'll be short lines.

I agree, especially with the express pass people. If there's 30 of them deciding to ride one at the same time, there's a short line. Plus the people on Tapu they pull up for then too.

Does grabbing images from twitter count?

I had the same thought, I am the culprit for this as its me that always adds mickey xtremes photos here as large as I can get them and that was normally always to save everyone having to individually click his photos to make them large format as its tedious and time consuming. I rarely embed photos from other websites, take WildGravity travel updates as an example, they always have loads of photos but I normally just link their site and twitter post.

On this occasion I will assume embedding a tweet is still ok considering clicking it takes you to twitter:

Bioreconstruct Updates:

Love how thick the foliage is already in the third photo below! It really does transform the area.

Last edited:
Are you serious? If universal really makes a 3 park annual pass option, and charges more for it, even though they just jacked up the prices, I won't be renewing. That's just disrespecting your passholders to the lowest level. And I hope that people don't fall for it and don't upgrade their passes. Let's see how long the robbery lasts before they realize they can't make a profit without their passholders.

Why wouldn't they charge more for admission to a new park?
Well I'm saying for annual passes. I completely understand if day tickets are more, and if they wanted to charge us an extra 50$ to get it on the AP. However they jacked up the prices for annual passes quite a lot last year, to the point where I wasn't sure if I'd be able to afford it. Now they're going to turn around and say we need a whole new annual pass that will probably be double the price, just to add the water park.

WHAT???!!! They jacked up my Preffered price by about $120 last time!!!

Imperius was under the old agreement.

I hope to be charged when they give me new places to play and things to play with. It really gets to me when I get the same offerings and they want more for them. Kinda like downsizing the box of cereal box while raising the price.

Highly doubt it will be double the price. Funny thing is, my flexpay hasn't gone up in 11 years for my preferred pass. I'm a lucky one.
Mine went up around $4 more per month last year for Preferred.

Imperius was under the old agreement.

Aww man. I've had mine for like 6 years, and didn't have it for 3 years when I moved away, but before then had it for like 10 years. I knew moving to CT was a bad idea.

Well I'm saying for annual passes. I completely understand if day tickets are more, and if they wanted to charge us an extra 50$ to get it on the AP. However they jacked up the prices for annual passes quite a lot last year, to the point where I wasn't sure if I'd be able to afford it. Now they're going to turn around and say we need a whole new annual pass that will probably be double the price, just to add the water park.
I agree. Our passes are $100 more, and there is three of us. If VB is not included, then what am I paying so much more for?

Highly doubt it will be double the price. Funny thing is, my flexpay hasn't gone up in 11 years for my preferred pass. I'm a lucky one.
Be prepared for when it goes up at your next renewal. It was a big for myself and my family, I've had my pass from 99 and other 3 were from 2008 or so. With grandfathered prices ending and the new increases my pass jumped about $120 alone and theirs with some of them being Power Passes that got default upgraded also was a pretty big increase.

Not sure if this is the right place to talk about this, but if VB isn't included and grandfathering is done. This will be our last year of renewals for awhile, with the only reason being that we bought the annual photo pass and my wife's has already renewed. The prices have been increasing quickly, but in my opinion the benefits have been rapidly decreasing between discounts/perks and lackluster Mardi Gras concert line up especially with this year being the first year it has cost money.

Status
Not open for further replies.