Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 286 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most kid areas at water parks have height restrictions (maximum height of 48 or 52" typically).

I'm 33 and my two favorite things are shooting people on Popeye and also on occasion Ill sit at the top of the sprayers in the Jurassic park area and wait for someone to walk around the corner and shoot them real quick in the back then duck down and peak through the netting and watch them wonder where it came from all while I'm laughing like a juvenile.
So you're the culprit. :rant::angry:................:lol:

Seen a couple mention here recently about the water that sprays out the centre of the bowl areas on the large yellow family raft slide (orange in promo video) - Slightly disappointing to notice that there does not appear to even be an outlet in the centre of those areas for water to spray out like shown in the video, I don't get the point for the big bowl area in general as its not like the rafts even use the area? Can someone help me out understanding the design because I can't figure it out...? Photos below for reference, a bit of glare on the yellow slides from latest aerials but I know from other photos there is no opening or spout in the centre of those flat areas.

Untitled.png

Quiet week this week for construction updates:

Only update I could really find today, guess WildGravity will be uploading a full construction update shortly if they have grabbed this photo recently:

Last edited:
Seen a couple mention here recently about the water that sprays out the centre of the bowl areas on the large yellow family raft slide (orange in promo video) - Slightly disappointing to notice that there does not appear to even be an outlet in the centre of those areas for water to spray out like shown in the video, I don't get the point for the big bowl area in general as its not like the rafts even use the area? Can someone help me out understanding the design because I can't figure it out...? Photos below for reference, a bit of glare on the yellow slides from latest aerials but I know from other photos there is no opening or spout in the centre of those flat areas.

Not sure on the water effect but as far as the open saucers I don't think they really serve any real purpose besides being an open visual element, what it is achieving physically could be done with or without that open section IMO. A new twist/element for Proslides to market.

Volcano Bay related?

I got an email from Proslide asking if I'd be interested in posting that video on my site... I figure it's pertaining to VB given the wording they used.

They said the video is a “teaser trailer” of sorts, leading to the upcoming opening of a new theme park. But they couldn't say which park because of a non-disclosure agreement.

Last edited:
Yea, that's why I haven't written an article with the video yet, it's not really news. I did tell them to keep sending me updates and press releases though. So maybe one day we'll learn something new about VB, (and I do hope there's something "BIG" to announce about the water coaster.)

Maybe they're testing the waters to see if you'll actually post their stuff, and only send you more if you pass the test...

Untitled.png

Quiet week this week for construction updates:

Only update I could really find today, guess WildGravity will be uploading a full construction update shortly if they have grabbed this photo recently:

That's actually quite disappointing about the lack of geyser and I don't see any pipes leading up to suggest that it's still to be added. I think the image you posted is one of the main ones being used in their advertising as well. Strange.

Reactions: Dan B
That's actually quite disappointing about the lack of geyser and I don't see any pipes leading up to suggest that it's still to be added. I think the image you posted is one of the main ones being used in their advertising as well. Strange.

I remember seeing pictures with the holes in the saucers earlier on during construction, but the latest images seem to show they are not there. Cuts?

Can anyone tell me more about the action river?

Should I expect more Roa Rapids like at Aquatica...because I blummin love that attraction.

Life vests or floats?

Same system?

Can anyone tell me more about the action river?

Should I expect more Roa Rapids like at Aquatica...because I blummin love that attraction.

Life vests or floats?

Same system?
The best I can say is watch a video of the one in Atlantis at the Bahamas. Has the same wave machine it looks like and I'm hoping it has the rapids sections

Reactions: UAN17
Definitely had holes..

But notice the lowest tier "doesn't."

And using the giant version of the pic from earlier in the thread, it's like a slit.

C12ItXsXEAAVmyd.jpg:large

Weird, no?

Also, they cut out part of the side wall. I think they discovered the up-jet didn't work and those cutouts will allow for a side jet - you see them on the blue wave/wall slide as well. That'd be like a big jet spray onto you as you come out of the tunnel and maybe even splashing on the circular bit. Then I assume the holes became drains and are just obscured because they're much smaller now.

Status
Not open for further replies.