Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Orlando Informer just posted an article about VB food. They said many of the items stripped from the menu in July have now been restored to the menu.

I think they’re leaning towards offering express during the real slowtimes (say, Oct-Feb), and then full menus offered Sept-May.
I’m more than fine with them removing good food items to handle the rush crowds.
Bottom line is I don’t see them offering express next summer. If they do, it’s a terrible decision. Maybe in 3 summers.

I went to the park today and didn't even know that Express was a thing. Nobody was using it.

Also, we totally had a blast! We only got to like 4 slides, but that's because the friend I went with has bad anxiety so we didn't really maximize our Tapu times because we had to take frequent breaks. With that being said, everybody in our group had nothing but positive things to say about the rides, ambiance, and food. We got there after it opened (around 10:15 or so) and left around 2:30 but we easily could have done more had we stayed longer or actually ridden "ride now" rides while waiting for our Tapu slides.

I think I am in the minority but I don't mind not doing all the slides in one day. I tapped honu for 200 minutes and spent my time in the lazy rivers. Also, I LOVE how cold the water is in the wave pool.

We are the same way, I assume the reason I feel ok with the family not doing everything is because we have an AP. The times we went in June, we got a lot done, but each trip was two days at VB. We really enjoy the fearless river and spent a lot of our down time in there....plus, I just love taking in the ambiance of the park, not to mention needing breaks between stair rides!

Reactions: Coasted
I was not a fan of the cold wave pool. The stair climb up the volcano combined with the drop slides are not something I would call enjoyable. Certainly thrilling though. I probably won't do them again.

Reactions: Coasted
I think I am in the minority but I don't mind not doing all the slides in one day. I tapped honu for 200 minutes and spent my time in the lazy rivers. Also, I LOVE how cold the water is in the wave pool.
Well I mean honestly, when people go to any other water park, most don't look to do all of the rides in one day anyway. Volcano Bay seems to be held to different expectations, although I think it's fair to say that they have put those expectations on themselves.

Personally, i'm no fan of cold water in general so I hate the cold water wave pool.

I thought the wave pool was heated. Is it broken or will this be a seasonal thing?

We only went in June and it was not heated. I think I had heard (on here as this is where I hear stuff like that) that at some point they turned the heat up or something.

I recall saying I thought the cold water was a feature of the wave pool as I found it refreshing when the water felt cool as opposed to if it were warm.

I thought the wave pool was heated. Is it broken or will this be a seasonal thing?

We only went in June and it was not heated. I think I had heard (on here as this is where I hear stuff like that) that at some point they turned the heat up or something.

I recall saying I thought the cold water was a feature of the wave pool as I found it refreshing when the water felt cool as opposed to if it were warm.
It was also not heated when I went in August

So Screamscape is reporing a Bioreconstruct tweet that shows the two weight restricted drop slides are down to 200 lbs. What a cluster@#&% of a mistake they have made with those. As someone that's 6'2 and only sports a size 36 waist with no belly hang, I'm 260 pounds. That capacity is ridiculous. A 33% reduction in weight capacity in 66% percent of the slides in the signature structure of the park.

Last edited:
Reactions: Furiated and Alicia
So Screamscape is reporing a Bioreconstruct tweet that shows the two weight restricted drop slides are down to 200 lbs. What a cluster@#&%. Of a mistake they have made with those. As someone that's 6'2 and only sports a size 36 waist I've with no belly hang, I'm 260 pounds. That is ridiculous.
Sounds like they need to close those slides and make some SERIOUS changes after they expand the park. A 200 lb limit is unacceptable.