Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just saw that 2019 and 2020 Volcano Bay Blackout dates for Seasonal Passholders have been posted. Looks like VB is blacked out for Seasonal Passholders from June 14-Aug 18 in 2019 and June 12 - Aug 16 in 2020.

Universal Orlando

The summer blackout dates are the same for both Power and Preferred Passholders (but only apply before 4pm for those passholders).

I guess this is how they plan to deal with overcrowding in the Summer. Didn't they previously only blackout the month of July?

I just saw that 2019 and 2020 Volcano Bay Blackout dates for Seasonal Passholders have been posted. Looks like VB is blacked out for Seasonal Passholders from June 14-Aug 18 in 2019 and June 12 - Aug 16 in 2020.

Universal Orlando

The summer blackout dates are the same for both Power and Preferred Passholders (but only apply before 4pm for those passholders).

I guess this is how they plan to deal with overcrowding in the Summer. Didn't they previously only blackout the month of July?

Preferred says July 14-August 18 for 2019 and July 12-August 16 for 2020. Curious if that’s a typo and supposed to also be June since exact same days.

Yes, to answer your question, all passes were July 1-30 previously.

I understand seasonal, and even power. But preferred? That’s pretty crazy.

Capacity. Some would say another water coaster, but maybe another wave pool or something else that can physically hold more people at once might be wise instead. I have no idea myself though.

I think both. People-eating slide tower (proslide mammoth water coaster could be great) and something you don’t need to tap in to. As it stands now, wait times are too long and non-slide activities are too crowded. Both should be addressed and I hope they continue bringing entertainment into the park, as it could help tons. They’re on the right track, but they should go all in, imo.