Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Passholders would've thrown a fit. As someone who went to the opening I won't lie, I would probably be calling guest services if that happened. Universal is currently on a pro AP campaign, they're trying to get more AP's. That would drive them away.
In terms of what Universal was having to replace, the three-park AP beats the season pass or "length of stay" two week pass to Wet 'N Wild, mainly because the pass holder now has to buy an annual pass for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. It's going to be all #UOAP all the time.

Reactions: Andysol
Been at CBBR this week w partial volcano view (100% view from Hideaway upstairs}.

Zero lava at night. :/

Imagine having watched this commercial and visiting at its current state.

a

Most of this is accurate. The nighttime, lazy river cavern, and interactive tunnel effects with Tapu Tapu are the only parts that haven't made it into the park yet. This commercial explains Tapu Tapu much better than the bus video does though, but it still doesn't explain it well enough for all guests.

Imagine having watched this commercial and visiting at its current state.

a

Most of this is accurate. The nighttime, lazy river cavern, and interactive tunnel effects with Tapu Tapu are the only parts that haven't made it into the park yet. This commercial explains Tapu Tapu much better than the bus video does though, but it still doesn't explain it well enough for all guests.

They over-promised and (so far) have under-delivered. Significantly.

Should have been the other way around.

According to some reports, many were waiting in 45 min lines even after waiting for 300 minutes to have the privledge to do so. This is obviously an opening week ops issue but still... Universal has geared the park toward rides, not relaxation. When the average guest is lucky to ride 2 rides in an entire day, something is wrong.

But you're talking about this as if this is something that park will never recover from, and that simply is not true. The flaws will be fine-tuned. Should Universal have waited and did softs for awhile instead? Yes. But they didn't. Still doesn't make this an "unimaginable failure".

If this forum existed when USF opened up, y'all would be at 1000x the panic. Everything's gonna be alright.

It'd be one thing if Aqua Coaster and the Krakatoa slides were all 5hour waits, but it's another when the entire park is

You're implying that every single ride, from open to close, was sitting at a 5 hour wait, which is a smidge hyperbolic, then condemning the ride ops and universal for it. I don't think that's a fair assessment.

The mammoth slide hasn't been confirmed or anything right?

No attractions have been confirmed for the expansion.

Confirmed by a Universal announcement? No...

However, a few here, including myself, know that it has been a part of the extended plan for a few years. I marvel at how these things are thought out in advance.

I just hope what's missing wasn't some overreaching concept art and we are in fact going to get it. For example, when we all walked into Pandora at night, we expected the floor to glow with our feet like the videos show. Yeah, that doesn't happen.

Accurate? Did we watch the same video? No.

So my thoughts are the park needed another 6 months to realize it's full potential, but instead it opened early and it will take at least a year to get where it needs to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WAJAS and Andysol
Confirmed by a Universal announcement? No...

However, a few here, including myself, know that it has been a part of the extended plan for a few years. I marvel at how these things are thought out in advance.

Can I ask what all you know was planned? Granted- in 3-4 years things get chopped up quite a bit. But was it a mammoth coaster and additional slides, an extra pool, etc?

Accurate? Did we watch the same video? No.

"And here, a Full Day of Fun lasts well into the night."

To me, this statement is the most glaring exaggeration of the VB marketing so far. Hopefully they are able to pull off the flowing lava lightshow thing this Thursday night when the park is open until after sunset.

So my thoughts are the park needed another 6 months to realize it's full potential, but instead it opened early and it will take at least a year to get where it needs to be.

And yet here we are. It is opened and I would deem it to be an overall success despite any shortcomings that remain.

Can I ask what all you know was planned? Granted- in 3-4 years things get chopped up quite a bit. But was it a mammoth coaster and additional slides, an extra pool, etc?

8 person LIM Water Coaster was all that was offered to me. No thematic details were provided and I am not sure they had gotten that far with the concept 2+ years ago.

The park would have had huge crowds opening weekend no matter what. There is a lot of competition for water parks in Orlando, heck even the hotels themselves compete for pool time. I wish them the best, but I have this feeling that they ultimately underdelivered.