Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay, here's my plan for tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

Rope drop, KAC, Ohno, 1 or 2 tube slides, TapuTapu for a serpitine slide. Have our regular 10ish snack that we pack, drink a few, orange raft slide, drop slide. Wave pool, kid areas, and bar boats in between. 2 - 4 Punga Racers. More drinks.

Leave by 2, when the sh!t seems to hit the fan.

I'll report back tomorrow night or Sat morning or something.

Rope drop, KAC, Ohno, 1 or 2 tube slides, TapuTapu for a serpitine slide. Have our regular 10ish snack that we pack, drink a few, orange raft slide, drop slide. Wave pool, kid areas, and bar boats in between. 2 - 4 Punga Racers. More drinks.

Krakatau, and then grab a Return time for Kala and Tai Nui. In the beginning of the day most of the other attractions are Ride Now status.

The Guest relations team is responding to reviews on Trip Advisor now.
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Volcano Bay, responded to this review

Sorry to hear about your experience with wait times. Please be assured it is one of the top priorities we are focusing on. I'm delighted to hear your feedback regarding our Team Members. We think they're great too!

Reactions: Journey_On
Surprise. Surprise.

On a side note, a friend of mine who is a loyal annual pass holder and was planning on going to volcano bay this weekend, read all the horror stories online and is instead going to animal kingdom ...even though he is staying at Port a fino. He is also doing IOA one day.

So if you think the bad reviews aren't effecting people's travel plans; you're mistaken.

PS - he doesn't read this forum, and I had nothing to do with this decision...lol.

I should mention this image was from the first day or so the wait times board was available (so maybe 2nd/3rd/4th day?). That wasn't from the day I posted, I'll go edit my post.

Seen comments online that visitors yesterday were using the lazy river to "scoop up" lost tapus and use them to make ride reservations.
This was after the storm when the park was quiet, but some are reporting people had 3 tapus on each arm!

Surely team members would/should ask them to remove the excesss or leave the park?

Seen comments online that visitors yesterday were using the lazy river to "scoop up" lost tapus and use them to make ride reservations.
This was after the storm when the park was quiet, but some are reporting people had 3 tapus on each arm!

Surely team members would/should ask them to remove the excesss or leave the park?

Lol. Human Ingenuity. I love it.

Reactions: Andysol and USO92

Considering you have to turn it in to leave I would question the validity of the comments you were reading

Don't forget you can double stack for Krakatau and Honu or ika Moana

Um...isn't this a huge security issue? Do you need to enter a pin to open a locker/buy something?

It's strange that they keep falling off people. You don't really hear of that issue with magic bands.

I haven't been to a Disney water park in a while, do they have magic bands at the water parks?
Yes, people wear them at the water parks to pay for things.
Considering you have to turn it in to leave I would question the validity of the comments you were reading
But I guess if you go to guest services and say you lost it, they may give you another one and you turn in that one.

What are the consequences for losing it in the park? Will they charge you if it fell off and you have nothing to turn in?

I think the poor weather forecast for this weekend might be a blessing in disguise for VB. The park is obviously not ready for prime time (as apparent by the poor reviews online and the copy paste job universal is attempted to save face with). Light attendance due to poor weather will at least save this place from another poor showing with the upcoming weekend crowds.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
There are no consequences for losing your tapu in the park. Once you activate a new one with the park staff your old info gets taken off the old tapu (and your credit card is password protected in case someone tries to use it). They have trackers on the tapu when leaving the park so there is no issue with them being stolen. Similar to 3d glasses on any of the universal rides

Reactions: adjjb and Joel