Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Eh.. this would just be another fail on the list for this park so far. But I have no problem riding them at Aquatica, NCL ships, etc. so I'll just have to get my drop slide fix somewhere else.

Isn't all this temporary? Ive never EVER had a problem getting on rides and I'm not planning on it now. I'm not fat in fact I'm fairly muscular for my age. 200lbs isn't even a lot of weight, especially for athletes and adults. How can you cut a weight limit down 100 lbs.

Tiki gods I hope its temporary , I'd hate to hike up all those stairs to then find I'd have fight off the Yeti.

I heard he's slow so even at 230# I should be able to dodge him.
Uni needs this fixed asap before Krakatau gets a name change to the Forbidden Mountain

The problem isn't with the trap door. The lateral g's in the turns are greater than anticipated. And it is flexing the supports more than they are comfortable with.

If I'm not mistaken, these are the two tallest serpentine drop slides ProSlide has ever built. I'm pretty sure they turned out to be just a titch more extreme than they thought they would be.

The problem isn't with the trap door. The lateral g's in the turns are greater than anticipated. And it is flexing the supports more than they are comfortable with.

If I'm not mistaken, these are the two tallest serpentine drop slides ProSlide has ever built. I'm pretty sure they turned out to be just a titch more extreme than they thought they would be.
When will slides in mountains stop discriminating against larger bodied individuals? I'm reminded of this from history.

True but when there is no height stick or weight scale in a cabana as you make your reservation and wait to ride, you could understand the frustration. Also, a fast pass doesn't stop you waiting in line for other rides.

well, I think we are getting at the same thing, the scale to get in the queue is not where the totem to get the wait time is. I would thing the screen at the totem (same one that ask you if you are sure you want to switch) could warn you, but I did not see anything except what I wanted to see..at that was how long of a wait they were offering...and then I read the interaction at the totem (so it would go something like this> 120 wait time>tap tapa>watch pretty colors splash around a wave>check tapa to see that my wait time was now 105 minutes....) I never saw the entrance nor the attendant were the scale was at this point, so not that different than being in a cabana and chosen what you wanted to wait on....just that I had to find the totem and the cabana renter did not.

If this park would have opened last year, I would have been turned away when I tapped my return tapa to get in line...the attendant would have stopped me and not let me head towards the stairs...

Not sure what's going on with my post lol.

But I have a silly question for those who were able to ride the drop slides. How long did you hold your breath for the drop slides? I've been on Water Country USA's drop slide and it felt like I had to hold my breath until I almost passed out. I know the slide profile is longer/more intense, so do you think I'd have a problem with VB's drop slides?

Once they drop the weight restrictions that is <_<.

Last edited:
Thanks to Disneyhead for the explanation. It seems to me that the best solution if this isn't a temporary issue would be to have an indiscreet scale where each tapou is issued. It would be pass/fail and that information would be on the tapou so a person over 200 pounds would not be able to reserve a restricted ride. Discretion is the key.

Thanks to Disneyhead for the explanation. It seems to me that the best solution if this isn't a temporary issue would be to have an indiscreet scale where each tapou is issued. It would be pass/fail and that information would be on the tapou so a person over 200 pounds would not be able to reserve a restricted ride. Discretion is the key.
Or they could weigh everyone entering the park as you pick up your TT then program it into the band so you can only select ones you are qualified for. Hope they get a solution fast, this stinks of Fallon, EfG and any others they didn't have the engineering right in the planning stage.
On the brighter side I do have my excuse not to climb all those stairs. :D

Or they could weigh everyone entering the park as you pick up your TT then program it into the band so you can only select ones you are qualified for. Hope they get a solution fast, this stinks of Fallon, EfG and any others they didn't have the engineering right in the planning stage.
People could trade bands, thinking they can sneak on with someone else's weight or even simply by accident (I know some parents hold kids MagicBands because they can't be trusted not to lose them for example,) and not realize there'll be more scales at the ride entrance. More ways to make guests angry.

This blows... I really want to ride all the slides. .. It's good incentive to lose weight but even if I go really hard with diet and exercise it's pretty tough for me to stay under 200.. I mean if it's a problem with the slide itself how can it just be "temporary" beyond completely reconstructing it?

This blows... I really want to ride all the slides. .. It's good incentive to lose weight but even if I go really hard with diet and exercise it's pretty tough for me to stay under 200.. I mean if it's a problem with the slide itself how can it just be "temporary" beyond completely reconstructing it?
Reinforced steel supports and extra cross beams? (Of course that means more visible steel in the back of the volcano.) But if that really is the issue I imagine something could be put in place to help add extra strength.

When will slides in mountains stop discriminating against larger bodied individuals? I'm reminded of this from history.

You are forever getting songs stuck in my head:

I want to go to Mt. Splashmore! Take me, take me, take me, take me now! Now! Now! Now! Now! Now! Mt. Splashmore, Take me there right now!

well, I think we are getting at the same thing, the scale to get in the queue is not where the totem to get the wait time is. I would thing the screen at the totem (same one that ask you if you are sure you want to switch) could warn you, but I did not see anything except what I wanted to see..at that was how long of a wait they were offering...and then I read the interaction at the totem (so it would go something like this> 120 wait time>tap tapa>watch pretty colors splash around a wave>check tapa to see that my wait time was now 105 minutes....) I never saw the entrance nor the attendant were the scale was at this point, so not that different than being in a cabana and chosen what you wanted to wait on....just that I had to find the totem and the cabana renter did not.

If this park would have opened last year, I would have been turned away when I tapped my return tapa to get in line...the attendant would have stopped me and not let me head towards the stairs...

We could argue about this all day but we can all agree that a 200lb weight limit is just ridiculous.

Is that not what the poster you quoted said? I'm tired, I am home so I will catch up on sleep, but did I read that wrong?

Not sure what's going on with my post lol.

But I have a silly question for those who were able to ride the drop slides. How long did you hold your breath for the drop slides? I've been on Water Country USA's drop slide and it felt like I had to hold my breath until I almost passed out. I know the slide profile is longer/more intense, so do you think I'd have a problem with VB's drop slides?

Once they drop the weight restrictions that is <_<.
I had no problem on the red drop slide it is like a 30 second ride or maybe it only felt that fast plus I don't recall holding my breath the whole way down it is a slide and there is mostly air in the tube. My daughter could be heard screaming the whole way down the blue slide. Ibinigiame she needed to breathe along the way