Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

How much is Disney charging for a one day ticket to their water parks out of curiosity?
$65 adults

That's pretty absurd considering all the problems they had when they first opened and their capacity issues...they haven't even started construction on the expansion yet...
Maybe this is part of how they plan to reduce overcrowding... (not that it works for Disney when they raise prices lol.)

It's obvious that they don't want one time guests- or if they do- they want them to spend $.

They want on-site and park-hopping guests. I'm actually shocked July is still the only blackout period for APs- I'd think they'd try to block APs out all over the place.

One day Volcano Bay tickets have increased from $67 to $80 ($5 less for kids). Wow.

Wow. They opened at $62, right? That's a decent jump for less than a year of operation.

A big jump indeed but demand is certainly there and they are probably also using it as a means of easing the crowds. The price structure is also likely to drive more multi days too, so I get why Uni have done this.

Non the less 80 bucks is pretty steep and I wouldn't pay it. Luckily I already have my multi day tickets for September.

Meh it's not worth $80 but I guess that's the point. It's a no brainer to go to Disney instead especially if Universal tries more of the complete nonsense of having express in a water park. Doesn't a disney water park pass get you into both parks in a single day?

Isn't Spring Break going on right now? Or is that coming up soon?

What they need to do is dynamic pricing for VB. $80 over Spring Break, Summer, some weekends.. sure.. In the fall/winter? No way.

It's supply and demand.

Probably the same people who got bent out of shape over it being overcrowded are the same ones getting bent out of shape that they are doing something that should help with that.

It's supply and demand.

Probably the same people who got bent out of shape over it being overcrowded are the same ones getting bent out of shape that they are doing something that should help with that.

Disney gets these same and somewhat contradictory complaints. If people keep coming, they’ll keep raising prices.

I said it the other day but to reiterate, Universal is a business first and foremost.

They're raising prices because they can and they know they'll get away with it. Also, how many people only buy a one day ticket anyway? Orlando is filled to the brim with tourists and their multi day multi park tickets.

I said it the other day but to reiterate, Universal is a business first and foremost.

They're raising prices because they can and they know they'll get away with it. Also, how many people only buy a one day ticket anyway? Orlando is filled to the brim with tourists and their multi day multi park tickets.
Yea, I don't blame them. If the park is filling up every day, raise the price. Same as how I was saying Disney needed to raise the cost of shoulder banshees since they were constantly selling out, and eventually they did. It's the way of the world.

Just for fun, I grabbed a bunch of 1-day waterpark ticket prices from various waterparks. Not a totally fair comparison, but interesting.

Kalahari OH - $34-45
Disney - $60-65
Aquatica - $40 in advance, $60 at the gate
Legoland - $22.50 on top of the Legoland gate price
Atlantis (Bahamas) - $74
Yas Waterworld (Dubai) - 250 AED (~$68)
Wild Wadi (Dubai) - 270 AED (~$72)

Just for fun, I grabbed a bunch of 1-day waterpark ticket prices from various waterparks. Not a totally fair comparison, but interesting.

Kalahari OH - $34-45
Disney - $60-65
Aquatica - $40 in advance, $60 at the gate
Legoland - $22.50 on top of the Legoland gate price
Atlantis (Bahamas) - $74
Yas Waterworld (Dubai) - 250 AED (~$68)
Wild Wadi (Dubai) - 270 AED (~$72)

Where did you see that Atlantis price? Their website shows $166.