Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Maybe a lazy river expansion and another pool as well? The expansion really needs to be a whole bunch of things.
One of the rivers already comes pretty close to the expansion area, and they already have a couple rivers... But I agree, they probably need multiple new things for the expansion to truly be effective at adding capacity.

What is the size of the expansion plot ? Because from what I’ve seen it isn’t that big to fit so many things. It looks like maybe another water coaster or wave pool but not multiple of each.

Per CNN it is five acres, compared to 28 acres for the original park. You should be able to squeeze in four attractions the size of Taniwha Tubes, although I think three would be more likely. Part of it will depend on things like adding in additional lockers, restrooms, food service, etc.

It would be crazy expensive to retrofit at this point, but if the entrance could be moved, and some sort of access tunnel built, the entrance area could be used as a last-ditch expansion plot.

Or just build a whole new waterpark already.

Hopefully the second one will be bigger and have more to do from the start. They really underestimated how popular Volcano Bay was going to be.
I think they stuffed in as much as they could with the footprint they had to work with. They need more/bigger is true.

One would hope it’s a “ride” ride, like those cool ones with LED tunnels or show scenes or something. They need to earn that water “theme” park title.
While I agree, my problem is that it’s only mentioning ONE ride. The park needs like 5-8 more. If this one ride is the only thing they’re adding and it takes up a good amount of space, it’ll be a big mistake.

While I agree, my problem is that it’s only mentioning ONE ride. The park needs like 5-8 more. If this one ride is the only thing they’re adding and it takes up a good amount of space, it’ll be a big mistake.
Maybe it could like that one tube slide with 4 towers? I think they need more tube slides for 1 or two riders. They have a lot of body slides and family rafts already.

For capacity's sake, they're probably better off with a tower that has 4 generic slides, tube and/or non tube) than a new one slide feature type attraction that would just make capacity issues worse.

Yeh I tend to agree with this, they don’t need another headline ride that attracts more guests to the park, they need something that distibutes the current guests better!

They have to make the most of this expansion opportunity as without demo’ing something existing they only get 1 shot assuming this uses most of the available land.

They may need to close the river that passes by that area, so it makes sense that they’ve put off starting construction till winter/slow season.

The expansion area covers 3.34 acres according to my measurements on Google Earth. It also appears it could fit a good Taniwha-sized attraction and an extra themed area for food, entertainment, and other crowd-reducing activities.

Edit: I've done some additional math, approxiamtely 7 Taniwha Tubes-sized attractions can fit in that 3.34 acres of expansion land, I definitely think they're going to add a new water ride if anything

Last edited: