Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Punga Racers has a weight limit now. They have a new scale, which is raised slightly above ground (unlike the other ride scales which are build within the ground) outside the slide entrance. My GF who weighs about 125 was allowed in, but I weight about 158 and was turned away.

What happened? I know orange had previously been shut down, later re-opened to be used only for children... but did something else happen on yellow/blacks for them to make this decision?

This is really disappointing! That's an entire slide taken away from frequent visitors / dedicated annual passholders, like myself. I'm hoping it's temporary.

Punga Racers has a weight limit now. They have a new scale, which is raised slightly above ground (unlike the other ride scales which are build within the ground) outside the slide entrance. My GF who weighs about 125 was allowed in, but I weight about 158 and was turned away.

What happened? I know orange had previously been shut down, later re-opened to be used only for children... but did something else happen on yellow/blacks for them to make this decision?

This is really disappointing! That's an entire slide taken away from frequent visitors / dedicated annual passholders, like myself. I'm hoping it's temporary.

I wonder if it has to do with the abrupt stop? Most racers have a long end to gradually slow down. Here, you just sorta kerplunk into the bottom.

That weight limit is way too low. I weigh about 150 and I'm 17, so I wouldn't be allowed on? And I'm relatively skinny! And if it's that way for me. I can't imagine what that'll do to the adult crowds.

Well, there goes my favorite ride, what the heck

Haven't they done this basically every other year the past few years?

Certainly not the first year, and I don't recall blackouts being lifted for any significant time last year. FWIW, I hear Disney down too, and Aquatica doesn't seem to be going to capacity much anymore either, so probably more an Orlando thing than a VB thing.

So kids can do it only, cool.
I was thinking kids only as well... and I was almost OK with this.

But there's a height requirement.... I believe the "ride alone" requirement is 48"? (Ride alone here I believe suggests that the parent/guardian needs to ride in another tube alongside the child if they are below 48".) If the parent cannot ride, this cannot be possible... are they going to relax this requirement?

I'm hoping this whole situation is temporary.

Edit
I believe it's actually 48" to ride alone, not 42", do edited height requirements.

Last edited: