Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Pricing, AP, & More

I have a feeling parking for Volcano Bay may be a bit different than what many are expecting, leading to a lower price. We'll see.
If you offer cheaper prices for VB parking than IOA/USF/CityWalk, what's stopping someone who wants to go to the main park complex from getting a parking discount by going in the line for VB and then just skipping out on the tram and walking up to the parks?

Upgrade info: Universal Orlando

Visit the Passholder Upgrade Center at Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ from April 3–April 30, 2017, between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm to upgrade your Pass.

Assuming same 2 park type to 3 park of the same type it's $99 for upgrading everything but Premier, $149 for Premier.

Anyone know why they still don't sell more than 5 day tickets on the official website? They should at least offer 7/14 day tickets I feel, I have to buy them externally currently.

Haven't seen these prices posted anywhere yet:

ZwNhGjc.jpg

Smart pricing on Uni's part... this incentivizes most to get at least a Preferred Pass due to the Seasonal and Power having blockout dates and they don't have free parking. I personally don't like it from my perspective, but as a business this should be really good for them.

I remember not too long ago I was paying around $418 for a WDW AP (which included parking), so they are being slightly ballsy, but I think it will work for them.

Personally I wish there was a VB only AP that we could buy though. I don't have much of an interest in USF or IOA this year (Pandora's more interesting than Fallon), so i'm less likely to buy an AP even with VB there. I'll probably just bug my friend that works there if the blockout dates to guests actually get lifted in the fall :lol:

This AP price structure seems very fair to me, even as an out of state AP holder. And the ability to do a three or two park AP is also a positive, since it accommodates those who don't want to do a water theme park. This is definitely better than I expected. Kudos to Universal for looking out for their AP base.

This has changed over the past few months as my Wife and I discussed it when we booked as Thomas Cook even stated the slides etc at Volcano Bay that Express Pass was included on
Honestly, I definitely wouldn't trust anything from a third party because I don't think even people at Universal itself who will be dealing with this stuff firsthand even really know details like that right now.

Is being blacked out for one month with no extra black out dates that bad? I don't get why so many people are complaining especially with their Disney passes etc they have more blackout dates.

Is being blacked out for one month with no extra black out dates that bad? I don't get why so many people are complaining especially with their Disney passes etc they have more blackout dates.
The blockout days are not even on the list of why I don't plan to buy the 3-day AP. It simply comes down to me wanting to go to VB, but having no interest in IOA or USF this year. I'll get to USF for HHN, anyways. So between my Frequent Fear Pass and buying a one day VB ticket, i've somewhere south of $200 and done what I wanted to.

Not renewing my AP also has little to do with cost, as well. And while I have a lack of interest in Fallon, that didn't really factor in either. It comes down to I would be the only one I know that has an AP to UOR. The parks are fun, but it's more fun when shared with others.

Like I said earlier in the thread, if they offered a VB only AP, i'd be all over it.

Wow, that single day is much lower than I thought it was going to be. I have no problem not upgrading to a 3 park ap. This would be a one day a year visit anyway seeing as I'm out of state. In regards to the blackout dates, who in their right mind would want to visit a top tier water park in Orlando in the summer? Getting anxiety attacks just thinking about it.

I probably won't attend enough to warrant a 3-park pass, but I was hoping they'd offer 2-park APs a discount on VB similar to how they offer multi-day pass discounts. At $62/day, I'm doubting they'll see a need for that, though!

I probably won't attend enough to warrant a 3-park pass, but I was hoping they'd offer 2-park APs a discount on VB similar to how they offer multi-day pass discounts. At $62/day, I'm doubting they'll see a need for that, though!
Yeah, i'm expecting VB to hit capacity (or come very close) almost every day from February-November in a normal operating year. I wouldn't be surprised if we see expansion on this park fairly quickly.