Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Pricing, AP, & More

Ok so as of now my AP does not include VB. And as of this second there is not a price on if I wanted to upgrade my current AP to include the third park. But we are all assuming it'll be a metric ton. Sheesh.
I'm guessing it'll be somewhere around $100-$150. If it's less than that, it's a steal.

I don't think so.
Interesting though they would almost have to if they're saying it's a third gate. I mean other than the Epcot after 4 pass you can't individualize a Disney annual pass to just MK and DHS for example. I am interested to see how they go with this.

Should there be a separate thread for ticketing discussion. I feel like there's going to be a lot of discussion about it in the coming weeks.

Should there be a separate thread for ticketing discussion. I feel like there's going to be a lot of discussion about it in the coming weeks.

Then I'd say give it a few minutes while @Brian G. and @Joe get onto here and notice it all..

Although yes, It does make sense with something especially large like Volcano Bay; that we do start a thread dedicated to it, like what has been done with the food and drinks.

Although, when do we talk on a thread for just the SLIDEZ..

I think, as of the time being; they'll probably keep the 2 Park pass, and include the Upcharge; but they'll eventually fade out the two park offer and go directly to the three park passes later on in the next year.
I feel like that would be odd. Shouldn't force people to pay for a water park. Lots of people don't like water parks. I may only go once or twice a year myself, and I like water parks.

Plus, won't that just be more people to fill the park up and take up space that could be filled with fresh meat? This park won't hold nearly the amount of people as the main two parks.

We'll see though. I'm hoping their announcement tomorrow is firm in explaining the differences between 3-park and 2-park passes and their long term plans

Separate your feelings from what the goal of a theme park is, they make decisions on what will sell tickets and merch, not on what is thematically appropriate. We don't get to choose only enjoy the new toys they build for us.

Unfortunately, yes we can't choose. They can still do both though, example WWHP. It's not about what is appropriate, forget that. Its about hiring the top talent in the nation. Figuring out what is the best way to execute a highly themed project within the budget allotted but being ground breaking. No cutting corners or excuses crap. Really putting a %250 percent into making a kicka$@ water park. Clearly they got lazy or over them selfs at certain points of development and not knocking talent because this is STILL a world class water park and thats not easy. There are soultions to everything you see. You can sense and feel without it even being open that it could of been so much more! How can you not?! If UC wants to pull out stuff like WWHP then they need to step up to whatever is it they are designing. You want to play with the big boys then lets go. Even within the same budget. It's bizarre. This is only my own opinion which I know the GP wouldn't agree. So I live in my fantasy land that it could of been more. And then I realize UC has done it before and god dammit they should of done it again. :violin:

I'm guessing it'll be somewhere around $100-$150. If it's less than that, it's a steal.
I saw on twitter $100 for everything, but Premiere. $150 for Premiere.

$62+parking isn't as bad as I thought or rumored. I wonder if that's a yr round price or just for May? I'd expect seasonal pricing. Since July seems like a block out issue, the price will probably be higher for then.

I'm having a hard time understanding the pricing...how much is it for someone with a preferred pass to go to Volcano Bay?

Btw, the GP that you all love to talk about is going ham on UOAP fb.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time understanding the pricing...how much is it for someone with a preferred pass to go to Volcano Bay?

They haven't officially announced all that yet. Right now, it's just bits of info (which Universal then pulled from the site)

Basically, you'll have 2-park passes and 3-park passes. To upgrade from a 2 to 3, you have to pay an upgrade fee. Depends on your pass type.

They haven't officially announced all that yet. Right now, it's just bits of info (which Universal then pulled from the site)

Basically, you'll have 2-park passes and 3-park passes. To upgrade from a 2 to 3, you have to pay an upgrade fee. Depends on your pass type.

Oh okay. Makes sense.

Huge kudos to Universal for the one-day ticket prices. I would have been happy with anything < 75 to be honest. Maybe they set that price point due to parking being another smack in the pocket as well.

Universal Express was mentioned which I totally forgot about in VB. Will guests at Portofino, HRH, and RPR receive the same UE benefit at VB like they would at IOA and US?

Huge kudos to Universal for the one-day ticket prices. I would have been happy with anything < 75 to be honest. Maybe they set that price point due to parking being another smack in the pocket as well.
And perhaps an express pass. Throw on $4o plus parking and we're sitting around $120-130.