Volcano Bay Pricing, AP, & More | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Pricing, AP, & More

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank God single day tickets are cheap! I won't be upgrading my AP because of how low single day tickets are.
If you go twice in a year its more expensive then upgrading if I understand correctly?

It's 99 to upgrade from 2 to 3 park AP. So if its $62 for a one day....doesn't it make sense to upgrade your AP?

Apologies if I missed something...

If you go twice in a year its more expensive then upgrading if I understand correctly?

It's 99 to upgrade from 2 to 3 park AP. So if its $62 for a one day....doesn't it make sense to upgrade your AP?

Apologies if I missed something...
Yes. That's my thinking. I'll probably upgrade. I may only go twice to do slides and pools in one year, but having the ability to go whenever I want I may pop in for a meal or a drink every now and again. So they'll actually be getting more money outta me this way.

Yes. That's my thinking. I'll probably upgrade. I may only go twice to do slides and pools in one year, but having the ability to go whenever I want I may pop in for a meal or a drink every now and again. So they'll actually be getting more money outta me this way.
Yeah we are going September for a week....staying at Sapphire, will be nice to randomly go to the lazy river for a couple of hours, grab a bite to eat and head back a few times during the trip.

Reactions: Alicia
Disney APs will likely go up before Pandora opens, FYI.

And when star wars eventually opens, expect Disney AP prices to skyrocket, a lot of folks are holding off for that.

Yeah, i'm expecting VB to hit capacity (or come very close) almost every day from February-November in a normal operating year. I wouldn't be surprised if we see expansion on this park fairly quickly.
Yes, I think you're right and probably the reason they're not offering a VB only AP. The capacity wouldn't be able to handle it, plus then they would be attracting a lot of the same low spending per guest crowd they had with Wet & Wild, and they just don't want that demographic.

New argument going around: Since Volcano Bay is only $67 dollars its misleading to advertise it as a third theme park. They should raise the price to the same as the other parks.
tenor.gif

I don't know about you. But if someone said I could get into a "theme" park for cheaper, I wouldn't be complaining.

Reactions: maxairmike
New argument going around: Since Volcano Bay is only $67 dollars its misleading to advertise it as a third theme park. They should raise the price to the same as the other parks.
tenor.gif

I don't know about you. But if someone said I could get into a "theme" park for cheaper, I wouldn't be complaining.
Probably the same people that were complaining about it being $126. (haven't seen that myself, but it sounds like something the Universal haters on Magic would post):lol:

So, here's a question. According to UO's site (Universal Orlando you have to go to the "Passholder Upgrade Center" between April 3 and 30.

i'm not going to be there until May, so i can't ever upgrade? :/

So, here's a question. According to UO's site (Universal Orlando you have to go to the "Passholder Upgrade Center" between April 3 and 30.

i'm not going to be there until May, so i can't ever upgrade? :/
Probably after this you will have to go to guest services. When they rolled out the new passes they had special dates, but then afterwards you could do it at guest services. I did mine at the little stand outside King's Cross though, so hopefully you will be able to add the third park there. I also wonder, why can't this just be done online? Unless it will be a new physical pass. Also, does this mean you can't have an annual pass just for the waterpark?

Probably after this you will have to go to guest services. When they rolled out the new passes they had special dates, but then afterwards you could do it at guest services. I did mine at the little stand outside King's Cross though, so hopefully you will be able to add the third park there. I also wonder, why can't this just be done online? Unless it will be a new physical pass. Also, does this mean you can't have an annual pass just for the waterpark?
Correct, no AP for water park only.

And correct, you will be able to upgrade your AP from guests services after the 30th. This is just like they did with plastic passes. They know the demand will be high, so instead of bogging down regular guest services and will call, they make us queue up on our own. It's smart and courteous to day guests.

We may be able to upgrade via the phone or online later, but you'll probably still need to take your confirmation number to a will call window to replace/update your pass and/or prove FL residency (again.)

EDIT: Disney made me upgrade my weekday select pass to a silver pass in person. They don't even have the infrastructure to do that online. (And they spent 1.5 billion dollars on their technical infrastructure.)

Does Universal prorate the upgrade charge based on how much time you have left? Or if they don't would you think they would do it in this case instead because unless you pass just renewed you would be getting some level of screwed over.

Does Universal prorate the upgrade charge based on how much time you have left? Or if they don't would you think they would do it in this case instead because unless you pass just renewed you would be getting some level of screwed over.
You know, I may need to call and clarify this myself. What's interesting is this little tidbit:

Your pass expiration date will not change and, if you are on FlexPay, your monthly payments will remain the same.

If my expiration date remains the same, AND my flexplay remains the same... does that mean I must pay the $99 fee AGAIN in one year?

My pass never expires, automatically renews, and I just pay my monthly flexpay. Have been for many many years. So it's a little vague in my case.

Heck, maybe it's a one time fee for the rest of forever, woohoo!

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'll be in Orlando in September but will probably only pay for the 1 day ticket rather than upgrade my AP as the pass expires in November and I'll not get more than 1 day at Volcano Bay. I might upgrade to a 3 park annual pass when i renew depending on how many times I think I'll make it Orlando next year. Having said that I don't think the $99 upgrade fee is too bad especially if you live locally.

You know, I may need to call and clarify this myself. What's interesting is this little tidbit:

Your pass expiration date will not change and, if you are on FlexPay, your monthly payments will remain the same.

If my expiration date remains the same, AND my flexplay remains the same... does that mean I must pay the $99 fee AGAIN in one year?

My pass never expires, automatically renews, and I just pay my monthly flexpay. Have been for many many years. So it's a little vague in my case.

Heck, maybe it's a one time fee for the rest of forever, woohoo!

Let's say your pass expires in July, then you would have to pay the upgrade fee of your pass that will only last til July. Once your expiration date hits, you'll be under the new contract, so your monthly charges go up if you're on FlexPay. So essentially, you're paying $100, or $149, for 2 months.