What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I would rope drop every day, if it's delayed bow out and try later or the next day.

Only going to IOA one day. We also want to do VB early admission and have a day to sleep in during our HHN visits next week. I’ll be back in Nov, so if we get a ruby express I’ll use it then.

Guess I’ll check this thread next week to see how the riding and weather are acting. They both better be on their best behavior.

Didn’t want to burn time on Rope drop so I tried Thursday to see if I can get in line before it closed off. Entered the park at 7:00 pm and entered the line just as they were making last call. Wait time was listed at 120 Min. A technical delay happened for 20 min then a weather delay for about 40 min. Total wait time was about 2 hours. They were running 4 trains. Spoke to TM and he indicated they were having a hard time keeping 6 - 8 trains running reliably. He said it has been hard on the drop tracks so they are only running 1. He said 10 train ops won’t happen for at least a year.

Went to the middle check in and was told to leave. They ended up letting people in that way anyways. Not too jazzed on that but we're in and waiting in Sinbad. Was told it would have a delayed opening but I can hear bikes cycling frequently. Moving steadily.

Didn’t want to burn time on Rope drop so I tried Thursday to see if I can get in line before it closed off. Entered the park at 7:00 pm and entered the line just as they were making last call. Wait time was listed at 120 Min. A technical delay happened for 20 min then a weather delay for about 40 min. Total wait time was about 2 hours. They were running 4 trains. Spoke to TM and he indicated they were having a hard time keeping 6 - 8 trains running reliably. He said it has been hard on the drop tracks so they are only running 1. He said 10 train ops won’t happen for at least a year.

Anyone have any backup confirmation that there are issues with the drop tracks wearing out? Would be a travesty if the manufacturer got the engineering wrong. This sounds almost Yeti like.

At the airport, about to be en route to ride this thing (hopefully) this evening. I’ll report back my hopeful success!!

Last three days have been a bust (average 120 minutes), so rope dropping this morning. I’ll update my post as we go.

8:05 - At IOA gate. There were about a dozen people ahead of me at the ticket booth.
8:50 - Gates opened.
8:56 - In Sinbad queue, but no stopping. (I could hear the bikes and I was getting pumped)
9:00 - Entered Hagrid’s queue, posted time 60 minutes.
9:05 - In the “bike” room with the shadows on the ceiling (brief pause here)
9:10 - Boarded the side car
9:14 - Off ride.

This was my first ride. HOLY ****. I’ll save my thoughts for the proper thread. Rope drop is probably my preferred way though - you might have to wait about the same amount of time, but waiting for the park to open versus waiting in a queue is much preferred.

Last edited:
Last three days have been a bust (average 120 minutes), so rope dropping this morning. I’ll update my post as we go.

8:05 - At IOA gate. There were about a dozen people ahead of me at the ticket booth.
8:50 - Gates opened.
8:56 - In Sinbad queue, but no stopping. (I could hear the bikes and I was getting pumped)
9:00 - Entered Hagrid’s queue, posted time 60 minutes.
9:05 - In the “bike” room with the shadows on the ceiling (brief pause here)
9:10 - Boarded the side car
9:14 - Off ride.

This was my first ride. HOLY ****. I’ll save my thoughts for the proper thread. Rope drop is probably my preferred way though - you might have to wait about the same amount of time, but waiting for the park to open versus waiting in a queue is much preferred.

Here also. Rope dropped Friday and similar experience. Rope dropping makes a world of difference. I got lucky and it broke down the the drop track room for a few seconds so we got a re-ride.

The difference between 2-3 trains going like Thursday night (excruciating) and non-stop trains vastly changes the experience/wait time.

Planning to hit it around 3pm today also. Great ride.

Seems like the main issue is having all trains running by the end of the night and they’ll judge on closing early based on how many are on the track. This lines up with what I heard about them not opening with less than 8 trains now.

Seems like the main issue is having all trains running by the end of the night and they’ll judge on closing early based on how many are on the track. This lines up with what I heard about them not opening with less than 8 trains now.
So they delay opening until they get 8 on then pull through the day as issues pop up?

Is this because the trains are suffering a malfunction? Wheels replaced etc. Wild if some cannot survive an entire day.

Welp... was planning on heading over there at 4:30/5pm with a 9pm close and it’s already “at capacity”.

Yikes.

Oh well. :)

Edited to add: I don’t mean that to sound like a complaint. I’d much prefer they are running at park open and closing early vs opening delayed and running late.
It’s way more fair to those showing up early exclusively for that. And make no mistake, even mid-week in September this thing is still pulling a rope-drop crowd.

Last edited:
Sounds like the ride is having the same problems since it opened. Ops should have been going much more smoothly by now. When does everyone put up the white flag and start discussing this ride as a operational failure for the most part?

Tick tock

Was there again on Friday longest wait I’ve had in a while.

• Wait started outside, haven’t waited outside for awhile
  • Posted Wait time:120, Actual Wait time, 75
  • Line moved very slow due to few trains running. Last week on the day when they ran 9 trains it moved incredibly fast and the belt was going incredibly fast, almost hazardously fast.
  • Preshow was running
  • The first monitor in the queue has been fixed, no more blue lines.
  • New signs have been added telling guests the proper side for motorbike and sidecar. Picture below
  • Still and awkward pause between Thestral and first launch
  • Skrewt blast still not working
  • Left head of Fluffy still is not working
080E1182-4A31-4DAD-851E-704ACDFAA270.jpeg

No clue, but as an engineer it's not like the wheels or axels need constant replacing. I think it might be more of a sensor failure thing. I'll keep kicking around and seeing what others say.

I recall the issue with the audio getting stuck and skipping on the vehicles which may be a sensor/wifi situation. Perhaps that is still ongoing.