Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Hagrid has been down all day so far today. We were at rope drop, and it was down from the beginning. The attendants were calling it an “extended delay” and at the very very start of the day they weren’t letting people line up, just making them move along, whatever that means.

If I was there I’d be pissed but as an outsider it’s hilarious.

here now and it’s hysterical, but yes I’m pissed. Gone through the full gamut of emotions haha, Especially after seeing the parents running while dragging their kids at rope drop, only for it to be closed

update: just got off the ride.. oh my god.. I probably looked like one of the kids at the meet and greets: jaw dropped, yelling, and smiling ear to ear. So much fun!!! Best ride, hands down. The straight a-way after the drop track is awesome.”! That launch was crazy

Last edited:
I feel like I won the lottery being able to ride Hagrids when I did. I mean I got lucky that the ride stayed opened till 7:20 PM but was on pins and needles waiting out a weather delay. I certainly could have tried rope drop a few times on my trip but felt it was a coin toss and didn't want to burn time when this is the only chance to do ORL for a year.

Hopefully they get it together and 6 months from now it will be like Gringotts.

I feel like I won the lottery being able to ride Hagrids when I did. I mean I got lucky that the ride stayed opened till 7:20 PM but was on pins and needles waiting out a weather delay. I certainly could have tried rope drop a few times on my trip but felt it was a coin toss and didn't want to burn time when this is the only chance to do ORL for a year.

Hopefully they get it together and 6 months from now it will be like Gringotts.

The ride is already doing much better.

Looks like I’m going to try again tomorrow. Couldn’t go on it the whole time I was at IoA today because of the bee situation.

We tried at rope drop then bailed. By the time we heard the buzz that it reopened (30 minute wait!) we were well into our water ride itinerary, and we needed to go back and get ready for stay and scream.

Ps. I don’t know when they did the Jurassic park refresh but it’s awesome. So much more fun than the old ride.

I was there Friday and the cars are zipping out...Seeing everything running all at once really gives you a perspective of how many cars and moving parts are going at once...Truly so much fun to just stand and watch

9/20 didnt rope drop, just showed up ~9:20, app showed 120 minute wait, was on the ride in 60 min. everything worked - it was a fantastic ride and i understand why people are willing to wait so long to ride this. tried to ride again later on in the day, single rider was open, took it, waited maybe 40 minutes before again riding the best ride at universal.