Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

So finally made it to USO after our hurricane Dorian delay. This forum has been so extremely helpful in my trip planning that I felt I owed you my Hagrid’s story.
As described by others, Sunday hagrids didn’t open until much after noon. Luckily we did not rope drop that morning.
Monday, we did rope drop. On line at 9:05. By 9:54 we were in the last room before the loading and delay was announced. We gave it until 11:00 and left. Ugh. I think you all alluded to more bees. Later that day at 4:45 we were walking by when the sign changed from extended delay to 60 minutes. We jumped in line and were off the ride at 6:05. And yes, it is totally worth waiting. Not 3 hours waiting, but amazing, nothing like I’ve ever been on before.
Didn’t even try today. Wanted to stay with the good memories from last evening. Thanks to everyone for this forum. Keep it up and keep on riding.

So finally made it to USO after our hurricane Dorian delay. This forum has been so extremely helpful in my trip planning that I felt I owed you my Hagrid’s story.
As described by others, Sunday hagrids didn’t open until much after noon. Luckily we did not rope drop that morning.
Monday, we did rope drop. On line at 9:05. By 9:54 we were in the last room before the loading and delay was announced. We gave it until 11:00 and left. Ugh. I think you all alluded to more bees. Later that day at 4:45 we were walking by when the sign changed from extended delay to 60 minutes. We jumped in line and were off the ride at 6:05. And yes, it is totally worth waiting. Not 3 hours waiting, but amazing, nothing like I’ve ever been on before.
Didn’t even try today. Wanted to stay with the good memories from last evening. Thanks to everyone for this forum. Keep it up and keep on riding.

That is why we do it :cheers::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Oh, so one more question completely different subject. We are flying out tomorrow and still haven’t seen the Gringotts dragon breathe fire. Are there specific times? The ollivanders door person said it was “all up to her”. Not helpful !! Any tips? We plan on going to the park at 7am for early arrival and hope to see it before we leave the park at 12am. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, so one more question completely different subject. We are flying out tomorrow and still haven’t seen the Gringotts dragon breathe fire. Are there specific times? The ollivanders door person said it was “all up to her”. Not helpful !! Any tips? We plan on going to the park at 7am for early arrival and hope to see it before we leave the park at 12am. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I did early hours a couple days and I was able to see it in the morning. I mostly marathoned Gringotts but did hang out a little bit to catch the fire.

usually it's about every 20 minutes or so....except if it's a bit breezy or windy....or lots of rain.

I did early hours a couple days and I was able to see it in the morning. I mostly marathoned Gringotts but did hang out a little bit to catch the fire.
Thanks sailwith! Got there in time for 7:40 blow from the side. Went to bkfst at leaky cauldron, heard 8am blow. Got out of bkfst in time for 8:20 blow from the front. Left park and headed to airport. Very productive morning!

I’m staying at HRH and was planning on heading over to try to get my first ride on Hagrids this afternoon.... not looking likely now.

Read on Twitter that someone who was at the front of the line when it went down was told that someone with a bee allergy was stung on the ride. Not good.

Bees love vibrations too, making coasters places they’re attracted to. Dragon and HRRR had similar issues.

I don't recall a picture like the ones @Alicia just posted ever surfacing. I remember hearing about bees, but it was much like we heard about a few days ago with Hagrid's.

This appears to be a much bigger ordeal than either of those attractions.

As I tweeted back at Alicia:

"You give the bees a cookie, they want a glass of milk.

You give the bees a forest, they want a roller coaster to torment. "

They'll show you magical creatures.