Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WaterWorld

Allen's right. WaterWorld isn't going anywhere.

Potter - coupled with the news of an audio upgrade - almost guarantees that the show will remain at the park for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't expect anything till at least 2016 at the earliest, and that's if they want to combat Potter crowds.

But to answer your question William: there's currently construction right next to Potter in Islands right now, so I'm guessing Universal thinks it's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ the only construction next to Potter is the new Hogsmeade train station for the expansion. So that's warranted.

What I'm curious about is if maybe in the end Universal will just remove the WaterWorld theme and design a new similar SHOW, instead of demoing everything and building a ride. Obviously they'd probably prefer to put a big new ride in that space, as would the general ride-loving public, (and I would prefer a massive new ride on the scale of Potter too), but I'm curious if maybe they'll keep it as a show space.

The only way I'd want it to be a ride is if it's a game changing ride similar to Forbidden Journey, or crazier than Transformers. Otherwise, I'd just rather they keep the show.

The idea of seeing the Wizarding World next to Waterworld just fascinates me. I don't know why. It reminds me of that picture Jon posted awhile back with the castle behind the atole. :lol:

Won't be as bad as seeing the Jurassic Park entrance with Hogwarts behind it ;)

I don't think we'll see any of Wizarding World from Waterworld. Too much separation. I think we'll only see the backsides.
A bit of the show building at the very least, right? They don't have too much room to work with. Maybe they won't even put FJ on the Waterworld side... Maybe we'll see Hogwarts from the Studio Tour entrance?

Or what about if Universal decides to drop the Potter thing and come up with something else. It would be interesting to see if Universal Studios Hollywood can hold HP.

Um.....Universal will not drop Potter...hahaha. Potter is the most anticipated USH project since Jurassic Park.

It's also the backbone of the expansion plan. I DO however want to see something non-Potter related replace Waterworld and after Potter is completed.

If Potter's dropped, I'll jump from the top of the StarWay. Seriously.

At this point, there's a 0.00001% chance that they'll cancel the addition of the Wizarding World. I don't wanna stray off the whole Waterworld topic because I could talk about this for days. :lol:

Can anyone tell me how the seaplane works? How do they launch it and how do they get it back to it's original position? And how much does that thing weigh? I'm really curious about all the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes into this show.

Sea plane is on a catapult. They use a crane to re set it after each show. They lift it back onto the launch and pull it back down into the ready position for the next show. I'm not sure what it weighs but it's heavy that's for sure! If you linger at the end of a show you can see part of that process.

I get that.

My problem with WaterWorld is that you have too much going on at once. You could be looking to the left where some action is happening but then you'll be missing somethings that are going on the other side of the stage. The audience's eyes need to move with the action.
To me that's the recipe for a good stunt show. People can return again and again

and still find something they haven't seen because there is so much going on at once.

I love this show because it doesn't get old and we get the repeat value since it's an amazing show and just the reactions of the audience are amazing when they see the plane coming down...

Interesting that they use a crane. I always assumed they used a boat or something to pull it backstage, but it probably doesn't fit through the gates. I never would've guessed that they use a crane!

Here's the crane for anyone that's curious:

Untitled_1.jpg