WaterWorld | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm kind of surprised there were complaints about the audio. I always thought it sounded great. Was it really that bad?

I'm really looking forward to hearing it on this new sound system!

I'm kind of surprised there were complaints about the audio. I always thought it sounded great. Was it really that bad?
It was not exactly the most reliable system, and depending on where you sat it would go in and out.

I guess I'm more shocked this was actually an issue for a stunt-based show.

For what it's worth, they've been having some serious problems with their audio processor for the past month or so.

Yeah I noticed that... I thought it was because I was seated at the front, but apparently audio was bad all over, but just recently. Do you think all this tinkering around the park is because there is some theme park enthusiast in Comcast that USH is actually a passion project to have a theme park and he wants it as good as possible?

Yeah I noticed that... I thought it was because I was seated at the front, but apparently audio was bad all over, but just recently. Do you think all this tinkering around the park is because there is some theme park enthusiast in Comcast that USH is actually a passion project to have a theme park and he wants it as good as possible?
I think sound performance varies per seating area. The center benches seem to be the least affected, but the seating area on the right (from the audience's perspective) appears to have the most problems. Each bank of speakers has their own processor, so that may explain the uneven performance.

As for your second point, I'm really not sure. I would hope so, but I think Comcast would have more pressing issues to deal with in the grand scheme of things. I've heard that Steve Burke is a Disney guy, but that's not really a concrete explanation for the recent change. Maybe Universal management had a surplus?

Last edited by a moderator:
Today they were testing the new speakers. They're pretty freaking powerful.

Also the seaplane and crane are getting replacements today.
Did they use them in any performances yesterday? Saw the 2:00 show and didn't notice a difference. If anything, something sounded a bit off. Very shrill.

Side note: looks like they've turned off the water effects for the left side of the arena while they work on positioning the new speakers. Hopefully nothing is tamed.

Probably not. I think you'll know when the new speakers are being used.

Also the collapsing tower was replaced last night along with the seaplane as well.

Probably not. I think you'll know when the new speakers are being used.
I know this is a bit selfish to say, but I'm hoping they turn the system on before I heard up back north next week.

They've literally doubled the amount of speakers in that entire arena. It's insane when you think of it, considering the previous system wasn't no slouch when it came to loudness.

Anyway, new seaplane:

Untitled by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

Water effects back on:

Untitled by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should not hang this on trying to get everything good for Potter since it's 3 years away. I believe they trully want to give a good experience... if I was an exec in Comcast I would be thrilled because I love theme parks

Might be a good idea to check out WaterWorld this weekend if you can. You might see (or hear) something different.