WaterWorld | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
WaterWorld's new audio has been switched on today. I'd be interested to hear what others think.
The new audio system for WW is fantastic! The sound is fresh, clean and crisp. They were having a little bit of a feedback issue, but nonetheless, this system brings new life to the show.

The only downside was the fact that they added sound effects to go along with the gun fire. So you would hear the natural gun fire along with the sound effect. Minor annoyance.

Overall, this was a great addition!

I'm not sure about the cause, but many of the effects weren't going off. Most notably, some performances today didn't include the final flare-gun effect (the mariner had to pull the deacon into the water).

We've talked about this a bit on Facebook and Twitter, but what does everyone think of the new sound effects?

I think it has to do with saving costs and maintenance to be honest. Or sound. If it was to "cut back on violence and gun exploitation", they would get rid of the Mummy, Simpsons, and especially Transformers haha.